Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

24 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

Remind me what happened, I seem to recall it coming out really late and having zero information in it of any substance.

Apparently we get 100k I think if they get promoted 

59 minutes ago, Wellin said:

Apparently we get 100k I think if they get promoted 

Was asking about the announcement on players last season.

Forgot or overlooked the 100k, as they finished 2nd nice wee kickback. Overhaul Hibs and not the worst season on record.

NB: we won’t overhaul Hibs

8 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Remind me what happened, I seem to recall it coming out really late and having zero information in it of any substance.

I actually can't remember the details any more than you but you covered it pretty much exactly.

7 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

Was asking about the announcement on players last season.

Forgot or overlooked the 100k, as they finished 2nd nice wee kickback.

If true then that is a nice wee bonus. They only managed it on goal difference over the side they beat 2-0.

Pretty much guarantees KVV will be available next season. They may even cut their losses and give him a pay off.  If we sell Bair one wonders if……nah not going there 😉

2 hours ago, AdamMFC said:

This has all the hallmarks and feeling of someone who's definitely on his way out. It might just a slip of the tongue but Kelly does say "I loved it here" at the start of Part 1.

Kelly Part 1

Kelly Part 2

Can't be bothered to go watch it back but Is that not in response to being asked about his loan spell and if he had always wanted to come back?

6 minutes ago, welldaft said:

If true then that is a nice wee bonus. They only managed it on goal difference over the side they beat 2-0.

Pretty much guarantees KVV will be available next season. They may even cut their losses and give him a pay off.  If we sell Bair one wonders if……nah not going there 😉

He'd be wanting a fair wedge and there's always the chance you're going to get the 'Killie Kev' version of him, i.e. nae goals since his January arrival there (albeit he does seem to be used mostly as a sub but that may also be telling considering their outlay to land him. You'd assume they'd expected a lot more for their buck than the return they've got).

If he's coming back to Scotland you'd assume it'd only be the city clubs who could meet his demands.

14 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If he's coming back to Scotland you'd assume it'd only be the city clubs who could meet his demands.

They'll be on the phone to us the minute they sober up imo, which tbf is worth f**k all given my take on this in January 🙂 I suspect he's missed his window to be appealing for the bigger fish on Scotland but you never know.

he'll be 33 at the start of next season and has just had a year where he was not only utterly miserable but deemed unprofessional by his parent club (and given the size of him when he appeared at FP, the court finds in favour of the prosecution here) and barely kicked a ball for Killie.

Clearly someone in Saudi Arabia or somewhere may still be willing to throw silly money at him but assuming he wants to be vaguely northern Europe based for family reasons, he is in no real position to be picky.

I think Groningen's logical step is to consider if he's a vaguely workable option for their squad but if they - or quite possibly he - decides against, they're in the same dilemma I erroneously thought they had in January, a 10k a week (reportedly) liability and no one interested in coming close. KVV can demand no more than 10k a week for the next two years and there's surely no way Hibs or Hearts etc are going to repeat Killie's mistake, he's just not worth that now.

Groningen have the classic bad investment situation where it might hurt psychologically to cement your loss but ultimately salvaging X% is better than losing 100%. And with us they have extra room to negotiate over any money left owed.

So all things considered, I think there's a very real chance he'll end up back at FP next season... not as high as 50% perhaps but substantial nonetheless. Whether that's a good move for us I'm much less convinced, though I think Kettlewell would go for it.

I don’t see it happening but if KVV was to be available on sensible wages I think we’d jump at the chance. He wouldn’t score nearly 30 goals but he’d get double figures and you can’t turn that down. 

17 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

One thing I am taking from that video… I wouldn’t be looking to India for any goalkeepers…

Remember a few years ago we had that young Indian goalkeeper on trial and the socials went nuts with Indian guys.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I don’t see it happening but if KVV was to be available on sensible wages I think we’d jump at the chance. He wouldn’t score nearly 30 goals but he’d get double figures and you can’t turn that down. 

I dunno - Kev is the definition of mercurial and I have the fear that after a nondescript loan spell with Killie, and being punted by Groningen after effectively half a season, he’ll be even less interested than he seemed before.

Although if he decides to score some worldies just for patter I’d be all for it.  

f**k it, bring him home.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, dezz said:

Remember a few years ago we had that young Indian goalkeeper on trial and the socials went nuts with Indian guys.

Put some respect on Dheeraj's name. :)

Edited by capt_oats

22 hours ago, Cedrics Mighty Well Army said:

Didn't we sell Nicky "Windae-Wipers" Walker to Castle Greyskull?

Was that a Jock Wallace deal where we got Kenny Black (an absolute hatchet man) and Kenny Lyall (not very good) in exchange for Walker? We may have got a wee bit of cash as well. 

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Was that a Jock Wallace deal where we got Kenny Black (an absolute hatchet man) and Kenny Lyall (not very good) in exchange for Walker? We may have got a wee bit of cash as well. 

Third time Wallace signed him.