Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

33 minutes ago, TheMighty said:

This would make a cracking documentary series. Just saying 

Was thinking the same and why EB was keeping the conversations going.

Netflix the attempted shafting of a Scottish provincial football club, episode 1 - the con.

I'm trying to work out how shares are going to be issued.

Say we have 1000 shares* WS at 710 and others at 290. For the Others to be diluted to 5% we need to issue 4800 new shares.

• Out of that 5800 total Barmack would own 2842 shares for 49%
  • The Well Society would own 2668 (1958 new) shares for 46%
  • Others shareholder 290 shares for 5%

This obviously would not be a linear issuance with each year an increasing number of shares would need to be issue to Barmack.

But if the other sharehaolders take up their full allocation

• Barmack would keep his 2842 shares 49%
  • Other Shareholders 1682 for 29%
  • Well Scoiety 1276 (566 new shares) for 22%

And I assume other shareholders will get the same preferential valuation that Erik Barmack gets... but the WS doesn't.

Right now our current shareholding would or 7!% would be worth 12% of post Barmack takeover. So as long as we diminish our current holdings by a factor of 6 this is nearly a fair deal

🙃

*just to make the maths easier. There are ~300,000 shares in MFC right now.

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

9 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Anyway back to the football Kettlewell saying in an interview that we should expect some more announcements in the next week.

A few words on the signings of Tom Sparrow and Johnny K as well

Aye, just over a week or so away from pre-season and all of the chat about getting players in for it, you'd think so. I would imagine one will be that Serbian lad.

There's a lad in the National League who we've been rumoured to be interested in; can't remember his name though and going back through The Thread to find it again is quite the challenge. 😅

4 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

Aye, just over a week or so away from pre-season and all of the chat about getting players in for it, you'd think so. I would imagine one will be that Serbian lad.

There's a lad in the National League who we've been rumoured to be interested in; can't remember his name though and going back through The Thread to find it again is quite the challenge. 😅

Pre-season actually starts on Tuesday.

GO6zMpIWgAAIOd6?format=jpg&name=medium

But aye, I'd imagine one will be Stuparević. I wonder if there's anything to read into his comment about re-signings being just as important? In this context the "announcements" don't necessarily have to be new signings and there was a report that Slattery had renewed a while back.

"Re-signings can be as important as anything else. Paul McGinn has been one of the most consistent performers.

"Guys like Sam Nicholson and Stephen O'Donnell will be really important to me moving forward.

"I'm glad we've got that business done early. I'm hopeful over the next week there will be another couple of announcements for the Motherwell fans to look forward to."

This was the National League story.

1 minute ago, capt_oats said:

But aye, I'd imagine one will be Stuparević. I wonder if there's anything to read into his comment about re-signings being just as important? In this context the "announcements" don't necessarily have to be new signings and there was a report that Slattery had renewed a while back.

Your dedication to the bit is, yet again, most admirable and welcome. 😅

Could do with a LWB and a winger or two plz.

3 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Christ man! Already? Feels like it was only a week or two ago that the season ended.

1 minute ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Christ man! Already? Feels like it was only a week or two ago that the season ended.

Mental eh? For context, Theo's Copa America doesn't start until June 21st. 

17 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm trying to work out how shares are going to be issued.

Say we have 1000 shares* WS at 710 and others at 290. For the Others to be diluted to 5% we need to issue 4800 new shares.

• Out of that 5800 total Barmack would own 2842 shares for 49%
  • The Well Society would own 2668 (1958 new) shares for 46%
  • Others shareholder 290 shares for 5%

This obviously would not be a linear issuance with each year an increasing number of shares would need to be issue to Barmack.

But if the other sharehaolders take up their full allocation

• Barmack would keep his 2842 shares 49%
  • Other Shareholders 1682 for 29%
  • Well Scoiety 1276 (566 new shares) for 22%

And I assume other shareholders will get the same preferential valuation that Erik Barmack gets... but the WS doesn't.

Right now our current shareholding would or 7!% would be worth 12% of post Barmack takeover. So as long as we diminish our current holdings by a factor of 6 this is nearly a fair deal

🙃

*just to make the maths easier. There are ~300,000 shares in MFC right now.

Honestly - I didn't pick up on this stuff at all when I read the initial press release. If this is true (and the maths looks right to me if your assumptions hold), then it's breathtakingly bad (and sleekit as f**k).

3 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Have you guys done due diligence on this investment? This is not going to end well if it goes ahead. 

A number of us have, and we've posted our viewpoints and questions over the past number of pages of this thread.

36 minutes ago, Swello said:

Honestly - I didn't pick up on this stuff at all when I read the initial press release. If this is true (and the maths looks right to me if your assumptions hold), then it's breathtakingly bad (and sleekit as f**k).

I took it as if small shareholders don't take up their allocation then the WS can purchase it. If the current 28.3% don't exercise it then their existing shareholding cumulatively is 5% so that's how the 46% for the WS under this proposal has been conveyed. However, it would appear 46% is the absolute high water mark, the reality is it may very well be less.

However, all sorts of sums and panic no doubt happening over the next 24hrs to rejig and yet again test the water. Draft 8.

Question is ... will that be the last and final offer or if it hits the skids by Wednesday is it #wegoagain.

The groundhog day of never-ending offers.