Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

6 minutes ago, ropy said:

I have a brick as well 

🤣🤣... How the other half live 😆

I've got two autographed calendars.. That's it! And a couple of autographed programmes 😂

6 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

From the club answer to vietnam about existing shareholders being able to buy at their own %

Well the thing that comes to mind is that Barmack collaborator Douglas Dickie owns around 3% of the club at the moment. If he continued to buy his alloitment of shares at the end of the process he and Barmack together would add up to more than 50% of shares.

Not sure if you're joking up, this exactly how it will go...

7 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

Barmack has been online since @Vietnam91's post earlier on today, I did notice earlier that it said that he was 'typing'.

Very interesting that despite having posted several times a day since the announcement of his proposal on a range of different issues in response to people's queries/critiques there has been radio silence today.

He did state in his last post that he was just about to board a flight somewhere. Maybe the wifi in fucking cuckoo land isn't great. 

9 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

@Swello

I'd just add the whole reason for seeking investment massively negated by announcement of Premier Sports and UEFA income increase to the tune of +£800k a season.

All the rest is correct except its 46% as of close of business on Friday.

Everyone in the league gets that though so surely that's a moot point? No?

*if this has been covered already, apologies, there is a lot of stuff to catch up on!

Edited by eliphas

1 hour ago, eliphas said:

Everyone in the league gets that though so surely that's a moot point? No?

McMahon's (original, I will not be surprised if it changes today) reason for needing investment was the potential black hole which needed plugged each season; yes everyone gets that money, but it helps us plug "the gap". It doesn't increase our competitiveness but it gives us greater financial security.

Edited by StAndrew7

39 minutes ago, camer0n_mcd said:

We're supposed to be getting an update from the club today so I suspect that this thread will heat right back up whenever that's released.

Genuinely think you'll get a Tory-eqe "don't worry, if you vote Barmack in he'll definitely have changed his plans to make it better, so do it before we miss out" statement. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely think you'll get a Tory-eqe "don't worry, if you vote Barmack in he'll definitely have changed his plans to make it better, so do it before we miss out" statement. 

Motherwell Executive board 🤝 The Tory Party

Old fossils that are selling us all down the river 

Was taking a break from all things Motherwell while the Euros were on, until my pal said I should come on and have a read at the thread. This @Vietnam91 exposé was not what I was expecting 😂.  Genuinely how have we got to this stage?

tha GIF

Edit to add: the chairman/board/CEO bringing in random players 🙈

Edited by Ceiling Granny

Is there a statement definitely coming today? The update said 'early next week' rather than Monday.

Anyway, an issue that we now have is this has been done so badly that even if McMahon/the EB/EB now produce some valid reasoning or points which are actually true, how many people will believe them? Their credibility is through the floor and a huge reason why clearing the stables and starting again is my preference.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

IMO this is exactly what I think will happen.

I still worry this will be voted through, tbqhwy.

7 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

I still worry this will be voted through, tbqhwy.

Me too. Two that I know of from our extended group were quite up for it when it first came out (or willing to be persuaded on it), which surprised me in and of itself. Reading the WhatsApp chat today they seem to have changed their mind, but how many people aren’t really getting the message? I’ve no idea how many people who will have a vote read (or don’t read) p&b/twitter/facebook etc. It’s those people the message needs to get to, but how that’s done I don’t know. 

19 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Briefly returning to transfers .

Knowing that SK is on record of trying to salvage footballer's careers eg Theo, I wouldnt be surprised to see Nubile rocking up at FP .

👀 😄

Edited by eliphas

46 minutes ago, Marinello said:

Briefly returning to transfers .

Knowing that SK is on record of trying to salvage footballer's careers eg Theo, I wouldnt be surprised to see Nubile rocking up at FP .

Hmm. I think that depends on Bair staying or going, now. If we sign Stuparević I'd rather we looked to bring in a wide-attacking player or two.