Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

14 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

Just to have a short break about the Investment talk, what's going on with next seasons kits?

They have generally been announced by now and the latest was the 23rd June last year. Most of them being either early or mid June.

Seems strange we are promoting some training kits before the main football kit.

Waiting for a green light for the Jose Cuervo sponsers

9 minutes ago, boozyBJ said:

Waiting for a green light for the Jose Cuervo sponsers

Can see it now; two little worms appear coming up through the FP turf, and in dodgy accents go "where the hell is this" and then a player picks them up and drops them into a Jose and Irn Bru "THIS IS SCOTLAND".

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2024/06/25/consultation-period-on-proposed-investment-extended/

Can't say I'm surprised.

• CLUB

CONSULTATION PERIOD ON PROPOSED INVESTMENT EXTENDED

14:59
    Consultation Period on proposed investment Extended

Following discussions with the Well Society Board, the consultation period on the proposed investment from Erik & Courtney Barmack (Wild Sheep Sports) has been extended by seven days following the revised offer last week. 

As a result, the ballot now opens for Well Society members and Motherwell Football Club shareholders on Monday 8th July. This will be the start of a two-week voting period.

You can email questions to Club via shares@motherwellfc.co.uk. Well Society members can also contact the Well Society directly with any queries via members@thewellsociety.uk.

Details and more information on how to vote will be shared with MFC shareholders and Well Society members in due course.

Edited by StAndrew7

5 minutes ago, StAndrew7 said:

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2024/06/25/consultation-period-on-proposed-investment-extended/

Can't say I'm surprised.

• CLUB

CONSULTATION PERIOD ON PROPOSED INVESTMENT EXTENDED

14:59
    Consultation Period on proposed investment Extended

Following discussions with the Well Society Board, the consultation period on the proposed investment from Erik & Courtney Barmack (Wild Sheep Sports) has been extended by seven days following the revised offer last week. 

As a result, the ballot now opens for Well Society members and Motherwell Football Club shareholders on Monday 8th July. This will be the start of a two-week voting period.

You can email questions to Club via shares@motherwellfc.co.uk. Well Society members can also contact the Well Society directly with any queries via members@thewellsociety.uk.

Details and more information on how to vote will be shared with MFC shareholders and Well Society members in due course.

If you asked folk when a bad time to be doing this sort of thing would be, "when loads of us are away on holiday" might be one of the more popular answers...

I think there is a false sense of urgency being injected here (which is a fairly basic sales technique) 

Just now, Swello said:

If you asked folk when a bad time to be doing this sort of thing would be, "when loads of us are away on holiday" might be one of the more popular answers...

I think there is a false sense of urgency being injected here (which is a fairly basic sales technique) 

Definitely...which is why I don't understand the Society agreeing to such a transparent trick.

3 minutes ago, Swello said:

Aye, I did begin to think it's getting towards the usual fortnight period, plus everyone might be voted out from the GE the week prior.

There will have to be an online voting function so I assume it will be readily accessible for everyone. And let's be honest, even if you are on holiday and you intend to vote, you'll find a way to vote.

Edited by StAndrew7

Presumably there are two votes?  One for Well Society members to decide how the WS vote should be cast.  The second one being for actual shareholders including the WS.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

Presumably there are two votes?  One for Well Society members to decide how the WS vote should be cast.  The second one being for actual shareholders including the WS.

I'm pretty sure this is it, aye.

Shareholders get a vote yay/nay on the deal and WS members will vote to inform the WS Board of the position they wish the Board to vote with their block on their behalf in the yay/nay vote.

If you happen to be both and signed up to the Society before the 10th June, you'll have two votes.

Edited by StAndrew7