Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

4 minutes ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Far too much amber……it’s not difficult………amber top with a claret hoop

Official website harking about the days of yore……..white shorts and black socks from that era with a C&A trim would have been better

“Similar but not the same as our home kit from 1913-1924, we go into uncharted territory”

Our 2024/25 “Like Never Before” Home Kit 

..how come the c@ntz at ML6 manage a traditional bespoke home kit every season .

To be fair to you guys, this is the first time in yonks Macron have produced a “polarising” home kit for you.  

It’s the inverse of their County efforts.  

Edited by Savage Henry

33 minutes ago, Vietnam91 said:

9 weeks of beauty sleep did nothing for my looks,. I'd actually semi-emigrated, however the plan was I'd do a Heathrow at least once a month.

Something else. All the very best.

I've switched between "what in the f**k is that?", and "actually I think I quite like that" about 17 times.

The blurb along with it should be....

"We wanted to find a design that fully encapsulates the promising on-field developments at the moment, whilst also representing the absolute bin-fire behind the scenes. We truly believe you'll love it and hate it at exactly the same time".

3 hours ago, ropy said:

I think it is the white trim that is putting me off, it would look ok with just the claret and amber.

Yeah, I don’t get the need to force the white onto our strips recently. 

don’t get me wrong, I love a classic white away top with C&A included but so much white on the home is unneeded. 

10 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

There are some "Dark Arts" at play here. A few days ago, I emailed the WS with the following questions:

1. Was the WS informed about the Malmaison meeting in Glasgow with Erik, club employees and exec board members, and why the Chairman didn't attend?

2. Erik said he got only 5 hours' notice of the WS statement opposing his bid. When was the statement sent to him, and when did he acknowledge receipt?

3. Erik received minutes of the May 20th WS Board meeting on May 22nd, sent by the former Co-Chairman. When did all WS Board members receive these minutes?

The reasons for these questions was pretty simple. Did it tie in with what I was told? All of this points to a level of amateur subterfuge all because the outgoing Chairman has decided fan ownership no longer works for him.

1. Erik visited and engaged in a successful Q&A interview on Wednesday April 10th, still available on the BBC site. He had a lunch meeting scheduled with the board in Glasgow on Friday.

On Wednesday evening, after the BBC story was published, Erik messaged me saying Jim was really unhappy because Erik didn't mention him in the interview, only referencing the WS. Jim was so upset he refused to meet on the Friday. Erik tried to get the journalist to alter the interview to fix this.

Douglas tried to mediate, but the chairman still didn't meet Erik on Friday, which was embarrassing. Douglas later told the WS Board that McMahon missed the meeting due to illness, contradicting his duty to faithfully inform the WS board.

2. Last week, Erik mentioned he got 5 hours' notice of the WS statement, however he received it 12 hours prior and acknowledge receipt 26 minutes later. Being in the Pacific time zone isn't a disqualifier alone, but it raises concerns about logistics of a new chairman in a -8 GMT time zone.   He claimed he was surprised at the intensity of its contents … on to point 3.

3. The CEO gave an interview on YouTube after the mammoth WS board 4.5-hour meeting on May 20th.

Erik informed me on May 23rd that he believed the board vote is 5-4, referencing minutes received from Douglas on May 22nd.

I then asked “if it turns out the WS Board vote is a 6-3 or 7-2, you’d still push for a vote?” he answered “If it’s 5 or 4 are against then people should vote”. Well it was 6 against, so Erik accepts they don’t have to advance it.

The WS board have confirmed they all received the minutes on the morning of Friday the 24th and requested they reviewed before dissemination. Erik got them 2 days before the WS board thanks to the actions of, the now resigned, WS co-chairman.

Working in concert with others to the detriment of the body you lead is not dark arts, it's definitely morally questionable and shitty.

It’s… fraud?

Just now, real-name-hidden said:

Lads, let me tell you all..

that right there is a winners kit.. I smell silverware this season in that thing of beauty. 

Emmanuel Macron GIF by franceinfo

51 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

Belting top, I know I'm flying alone on this - I liked the last 'relegation' top too...🤷‍♂️😆

You’re not. I think it’s a great effort. 
A bit like a training top but so what. 

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I genuinely don't think I've ever been as conflicted by a Motherwell tap.

I actually don't hate it but I don't like it.

It's a nice Bradford shirt? In fact, it has heavy Rugby League energy especially when Casey's wearing it.

@Desp's point about it being the first set of teamwear not signed off by Burrows feels bang on the money.

I posted along similar lines on the new strips thread. It looks like one of those strips you see others teams (possibly not even football teams) wearing and notice just for being claret and amber but not necessarily looking like a Motherwell strip.

Anybody going to own up to being on the focus group? 😁

18 minutes ago, SteelyDosser said:

I agree that this shirt could see us with silverware or relegation.

Not managed either in 33 years but sure.

Maybe I'm alone in this:

• home top = variations of a theme,
  • away = that's where you can have a bit of creative licence,
  • 3rd strip = go mental