Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

32 minutes ago, ropy said:

Does Halliday not get the assist for Miller’s second goal, did too much happen after the pass for it to be an assist?

It hit the St Mirren player before Miller took control of it again so probably enough to say it wasn't Halliday, albeit a bit unfair.

There's a Rangers fan on Twitter claiming they'll sign Lennon Miller in January for £3m plus a 6 month loan deal for Miller and Bailey Rice.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's a Rangers fan on Twitter claiming they'll sign Lennon Miller in January for £3m plus a 6 month loan deal for Miller and Bailey Rice.

Is this the same lad who used Halliday as a source and that his dad was a Rangers Man, per chance?

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I have wondered whether Bailey Rice would look favourably on a loan at Fir Park.  I suspect his father would be devastated.  I am not suggesting we try to make it happen.

When was the last time we were involved in a swap deal, a player plus cash or a loan deal on the back of a transfer? The ratio of how often these things get rumoured, compared to how often they actually happen is wildly different. I'm thinking it might have been Owen Coyle and Jamie Dolan in 1997. 

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

50,000 of them claim their club didn't die, they have wild takes to a man. We'd also have to insist on money up front, don't want to end up the same as that face painter. Their credit is no longer any good.

I don't think we have any incentive to sell until the summer anyway. Do they not know we're cash rich? Decent Scottish Cup run and 5th place or better and the Well Society will be able to buy themselves out.

Sounds more like a fan who thinks the club should do it if he were in charge.

At the rate he's developing I'd be shocked if Miller is anything other than our record sale by a distance.

Also think he's smart enough to realise that moving to Celtic or Rangers wouldn't do much for him.

12 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

When was the last time we were involved in a swap deal, a player plus cash or a loan deal on the back of a transfer? The ratio of how often these things get rumoured, compared to how often they actually happen is wildly different. I'm thinking it might have been Owen Coyle and Jamie Dolan in 1997. 

Eddie May for McGrillen, Kirk and £150,000 i think 

It's best to ignore twitter posts on Lennon Miller. Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen (f**king lol) seem to be commenting on every post about him saying they should buy him for anywhere ranging from 500k-4 million. At the end of the day your player is only worth what someone is willing to offer, but I'd be really really disappointed if we accepted anything less than what we got for Turnbull.

50 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Sell Lennon (to somebody solvent) for £5m in January. Turnbull back on loan.

You're thinking Newcastle here,  aren't you?

Rangers fans debating on twitter whether Miller is good enough for them is wild patter.

‘Not what we need right now’ for a club who are weak at the knees over Connor Barron is hilarious. 

Anyway, I think the ship has sailed on him going to the old firm, I’d imagine there will be a far more attractive offers on the table abroad. 

2 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

Rangers fans debating on twitter whether Miller is good enough for them is wild patter.

‘Not what we need right now’ for a club who are weak at the knees over Connor Barron is hilarious. 

Anyway, I think the ship has sailed on him going to the old firm, I’d imagine there will be a far more attractive offers on the table abroad. 

Has there been a fee agreed for Barron?  That might empty their piggy bank.