Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

17 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I appreciate Turnbull had an outstanding first full season goals wise which is why he demanded so much cash at the time but that was about 4 years ago during Covid when the market stagnated and he had just come back from a significant injury. Difference with Lennon Miller is that he seems to suit the modern game midfielder mould that bigger clubs are looking for now and even with his young age you struggle to see a weakness to his game. Barring injury it's almost certain he's going to break your transfer record imo.

I certainly hope so, the fact he's already gotten more g/a so far this season than what he did the entirety of last season should hopefully add a few quid to that as well.

We'd be aff our heeds to sell him to Rangers, particularly for the sum they are mentioning here, and he'd be aff his heed to actually go there. 

Lennon Miller will go onto far bigger things than Rangers, they really don't have the pull they think they do, and sitting around making up accolades like 'world's most successful club' won't change anything on that front. 

As for Bailey Rice, I feel bad for the guy, was held in the same regard as Miller when he was at Motherwell. Shows how terribly he was advised. 

Miller has the world at his feet. A move to Serie A would be ideal for the type of player he is. f**king Rangers 😂😂😂, gee's peace. 

2 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

Lennon Miller will go onto far bigger things than Rangers, they really don't have the pull they think they do, and sitting around making up accolades like 'world's most successful club' won't change anything on that front. 

They’re also only a short time away from having to get the scraper out and take that off their wall. Or maybe they’ll just Romario it and find an extra trophy somewhere, I mean they somehow went from 0-55 when they won Covid* title so wouldn’t put it past them I guess. 

Just now, MP_MFC said:

They’re also only a short time away from having to get the scraper out and take that off their wall. Or maybe they’ll just Romario it and find an extra trophy somewhere, I mean they somehow went from 0-55 when they won Covid* title so wouldn’t put it past them I guess. 

They won all those trophies at their gran's bit, you wouldn't know them. 

9 minutes ago, MurrayWell said:

We'd be aff our heeds to sell him to Rangers, particularly for the sum they are mentioning here, and he'd be aff his heed to actually go there. 

As for Bailey Rice, I feel bad for the guy, was held in the same regard as Miller when he was at Motherwell. Shows how terribly he was advised. 

Miller has the world at his feet. A move to Serie A would be ideal for the type of player he is. f**king Rangers 😂😂😂, gee's peace. 

I'm not really sure how Rangers would market themselves to one of the most promising players in Scotland.

"A club in managed decline!"

"A runners up medal every year of your contract!!"

"A decent chance that we'll be able to afford your wages most years!"

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I could see Lennon Miller going straight to the Bundesliga, tbh.

I thought it was interesting that the two clubs with cash on the table for Bair were from Ligue 1 and Budesliga given our market for selling players has traditionally been England (with Turnbull going to Celtic as well of course).

With the success that Serie A sides have had with the likes of Ferguson (who was a fraction of the player Miller is now when he made the move) and Hickey it feels as though there's a far better chance of Miller being on the radar of these sort of clubs.

Certainly moreso than when Turnbull to Celtic happened in 2020.

Edited by capt_oats

That Rangers rumor is made up shite.

Germany is a good shout for Miller. Either way, if we had two clubs bidding against each other for Bair, I'd imagine Miller will have a wider range of options than that in january/the summer.

As for Bailey Rice, he still has plenty of time to come good, but the likelihood is he will have to move elsewhere to make that happen.

I have no doubt that Miller has the ability and potential to be our record sale, but the only thing that's making me nervous about that is the time left on his deal. Turnbull had 2 years left on his deal when Celtic bid in 2019, and then 2 years the following summer when he eventually went, having signed an extension during his injury. The figure that Miller will command will now be at best one with 18 months remaining. Which certainly serves to explain why the club are doing as much as they can to get his "numbers" up as much as they can.

2 hours ago, Neil86 said:

Rangers fans debating on twitter whether Miller is good enough for them is wild patter.

‘Not what we need right now’ for a club who are weak at the knees over Connor Barron is hilarious. 

Anyway, I think the ship has sailed on him going to the old firm, I’d imagine there will be a far more attractive offers on the table abroad. 

Lewis Ferguson wasn't good enough for them.

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

I thought it was interesting that the two clubs with cash on the table for Bair were from Ligue 1 and Budesliga given our market for selling players has traditionally been England (with Turnbull going to Celtic as well of course).

With the success that Serie A sides have had with the likes of Ferguson (who was a fraction of the player Miller is now when he made the move) and Hickey it feels as though there's a far better chance of Miller being on the radar of these sort of clubs.

Certainly moreso than when Turnbull to Celtic happened in 2020.

Come on now 😂

Italy's place in league hierarchy has taken a dip over the past 25 years, as a result the top players will consider England or Spain first. Our players have been seen as having the right mettle and gumption that's admired and I wonder if that seed was planted by Rino Gattuso rocking up in Milan after his few years here.

Still took them a while to cotton on but probably with Ferguson especially picking up his best midfielder award and the quick buck made on Hickey we are seen as a very attractive and (for them) inexpensive market.

Italy would be perfect for Lennon and he'd be perfect for Italian football. Avoid injury and we should be confident he'll be the subject of multiple bids from all over the continent, it's a sure fire way to get the totaliser going up quicker than Children in Need night.

I know we'll negotiate a healthy sign on but can anyone think of many that kicked in for us? I can think of Marvin Johnson's resale to Middlesborough, Kev's promotion (despite hardly playing a match), no doubt they'll be a few more, but none substantial. Development payments don't count for the likes of Max Johnson and Hastie.

Many we felt would be shoe in future cash returns such as Kipre, Turnbull, Campbell, Scott ...... all came to nothing. (Campbell did have a future sell on as part of his deal even though he went under freedom of contract, why he's in this list).