Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

A few stories mentioning him on the Sorrento FC website, where he seems to have spent most of his career before and after joining us. Looks like he packed it in with them last year, although he's still pictured on their first team squad page:
https://sorrentofc.com.au/first-team-squad/
https://sorrentofc.com.au/page/1/?s=steve+mcdonald
That's a gid honest sponsor they've got there.

1 hour ago, well fan for life said:

Personally look forward to us throwing GREAT BIG HAMMERS about again. 

About fucking time to be honest.

Given that RONA-19.1 will probably be back in the winter, a hell for leather start to the season might give us a title so lets do that.

9 hours ago, Desp said:

If this Mark Gillespie to Newcastle thing is true, do we praise him or criticise him? 

I mean, Jake Hastie got absolutely slaughtered for his move to Rangers last year (moving a bigger club, for far more money, but zero chance of actually playing football regularly). Gillespie, at 28 is going into his peak years and will be giving up at least a couple of those years to sit in the stands every Saturday.

ach it's not the ****...

18 minute interview with Robinson on BT Sport earlier. He confirms we've got a couple of pre-contracts done and there are a couple at the club that we're trying to get on an extra year. Also suggests that we actually got some of our business done before the whole RONA-19 thing kicked off.

I don't know if he's at it or not but he's saying that he can't believe the names haven't leaked yet.

The transfer stuff is around 11:55 min. Also some interesting stuff just before that about us being a more "attractive" club to players and agents these days.

As ever, he speaks well.

Edited by capt_oats

55 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

18 minute interview with Robinson on BT Sport earlier. He confirms we've got a couple of pre-contracts done and there are a couple at the club that we're trying to get on an extra year. Also suggests that we actually got some of our business done before the whole RONA-19 thing kicked off.

I don't know if he's at it or not but he's saying that he can't believe the names haven't leaked yet.

The transfer stuff is around 11:55 min. Also some interesting stuff just before that about us being a more "attractive" club to players and agents these days.

As ever, he speaks well.

Really enjoyed that. Not to over-egg it but it was actually quite a lift to hear some normal motherwell chat - cliches and all - as I'm bored shitless of reading about how we'll not be at a game until 2025 and everyone's random league re-construction ideas.

Most interesting bit for me (only because I assume that the pre-contracts that "hadn't leaked" now have) was that it is becoming easier to sign people. This is something I expected quite honestly as eventually, a track record of moving folk on to decent deals is going to get noticed - and I'm glad if that's happening.

54 minutes ago, Swello said:

Really enjoyed that. Not to over-egg it but it was actually quite a lift to hear some normal motherwell chat - cliches and all - as I'm bored shitless of reading about how we'll not be at a game until 2025 and everyone's random league re-construction ideas.

Most interesting bit for me (only because I assume that the pre-contracts that "hadn't leaked" now have) was that it is becoming easier to sign people. This is something I expected quite honestly as eventually, a track record of moving folk on to decent deals is going to get noticed - and I'm glad if that's happening.

100%...I'm kind of in the same place tbh.

The other comment that interested me was him at 13:33 min after he mentions O'Hara and drops in "and another couple of players perhaps that we had last year that we're still looking at...players that we had on loan." The past tense seemed relevant.

Depends what he means by "last year" but as I'm listening to @AndyRoss and @thisGRAEME's podcast review of the season and the chat about Devante Cole's goal against Rangers it put me in mind that Cole's contract with Doncaster is up in the summer. Would that be a massive surprise?

Edited by capt_oats

I know he only really performed at Fir Park, but I fucking loved Gboly Ariyibi. After watching some horrific football at the the start of that season it was so good watching him dribble at every opportunity. My kind of baller.

19 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

See when folk talk about how Woods wasn't that bad; 2 & 5 here, my memory is that sort of thing all the fuckin time and I won't be told otherwise.

Still, Lee Makel and Khaled Kemas with bangers, who knew.

Cheers for listening, I'd actually forgotten we'd done that :lol:

Also, @RiG, the Wyness Shuffle is the best podcast name in Scottish football, IMO.

I've watched that clip, and I don't think Woods covers himself in glory in at least 4 of the 5 goals... I never understood at the time why he kept getting contracts, and I still fucking don't... Utter pish

14 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I know he only really performed at Fir Park, but I fucking loved Gboly Ariyibi. After watching some horrific football at the the start of that season it was so good watching him dribble at every opportunity. My kind of baller.

Ciftci & Ariyibi in the same team would have me harder than a slab of granite. 

25 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Ciftci & Ariyibi in the same team would have me harder than a slab of granite. 

Ariyibi, Ciftci, Ainsworth, Turnbull, Polworth. Would happily watch us win or lose by 5 goals a game. Pure entertainment value. Get it done Burrows!

1 hour ago, CSmith said:

Ariyibi, Ciftci, Ainsworth, Turnbull, Polworth. Would happily watch us win or lose by 5 goals a game. Pure entertainment value. Get it done Burrows!

All of them and just big Sean at the back