Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

19 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

this really weird. I am not missing fitba at all.

Me neither. But I never really watched any fitba other than the Motherwell highlights on YouTube anyway, and the odd game live on MFC TV. Just never been that interested in what any other teams are doing, never mind other countries.

On 19/04/2020 at 10:00, Desp said:

Random question, since I was walking past the back of the South Stand yesterday. Does anyone have any pictures of what that area used to look like, while it was still terracing? Meaning the actual turnstile bit. I dont think I've ever seen it, compared to the numerous amazing pictures of the iconic entrance where the Chapman building now stands. 

For the last few months I've been collecting loads of pictures of Fir Park through the years. Would love to see close up pictures of the area you're talking about. These are the best I can do for now. Best one is probably the first, which shows the south stand under construction with what I assume are the turnstyles just behind the cards. 

Most are from the excellent Motherwellnet photo archive by the way -  http://www.motherwellnet.com/photos/misc/photos-in-and-around-fir-park/

It's such a shame the facade of the Knowetop turnstyles couldn't have been preserved. 

southconstruction1.jpg.0ba1e466cea7afb72f85b6e75b96ac0f.jpg

southern-end.jpg.852e82883995902499f0af328e2b90e0.jpg

1712222962_aerial(9).jpg.3cf765a80a96a65ad9c9bc1122dcfbd6.jpg

aerial.jpeg.ab81aa7a23d94f5af153c8ca62a0b096.jpeg

618014295_aerial(10).thumb.jpg.619428b6b373b69345fb9ed6b61c75a4.jpg

Edited by church_of_fudge

Fairly mental looking back on it that Elliot Frear scored the goal that kept us up against Killie. Not saying he saved the club or anything but actually a pretty important goal for Motherwell FC in general, can't imagine relegation would have been ideal in the pre-debt free days.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

How many fives players will have to retire due to inactivity through this ‘close season’

:Looks down at expanding belly:

:Looks at scales reading every larger numbers:

:Eats another biscuit:

Ah, it'll be fine, a bit of jogging "pre-season-stylee", it'll just fall off...  

1 hour ago, ropy said:

How many fives players will have to retire due to inactivity through this ‘close season’

Because I have absolutely no yard-stick to measure it against anymore, I'm essentially in the shape of my life.

1 hour ago, Gianfranco said:

I’m not missing watching it on the telly that much. I’m missing going to motherwell games with my pals. I’m really missing playing fives. Dying to boot f**k out a ball.

I've been reduced to doing keepy uppies in the garden with a mitre ball signed by Partick Thistle's relegation team that I inexplicably have in my possession.

1 minute ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Fairly mental looking back on it that Elliot Frear scored the goal that kept us up against Killie. Not saying he saved the club or anything but actually a pretty important goal for Motherwell FC in general, can't imagine relegation would have been ideal in the pre-debt free days.

Worth re-visiting for Lionel's free kick tbh.

Just now, well fan for life said:

Is this David Ferguson day?

Yes it is. Felt terrible for him, but just standing Cadden next to Jones stopped him kicking on.

Also, mental that Russell Griffiths immediately made us better despite being murder because Samson was that bad.

Just now, thisGRAEME said:

Yes it is. Felt terrible for him, but just standing Cadden next to Jones stopped him kicking on.

Also, mental that Russell Griffiths immediately made us better despite being murder because Samson was that bad.

Oh aye. I felt absolutely awful for the guy but Jones had tied him in knots. 

Griffiths was fucking terrible too. Still better than Samson, mind. 

2 hours ago, church_of_fudge said:

southern-end.jpg.852e82883995902499f0af328e2b90e0.jpg

It didn't exist for very long at all  - but I quite liked the seated east stand, terracing behind the goals version of Fir Park before the South was built - although it must have been adowngrade for away supporters who had cover before that point. Shown in Katovice game:

31 minutes ago, ropy said:

What could have been

Not a lot, most likely. Katowice were stuffed 4-0 by Brugge in the next round, who then dispatched Atletico Madrid on their way to the semi-final. Seems unlikely we'd have done any better.

Edited by Gallus Numpty