Motherwell FC - A Thread For All Seasons

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW The Courier today is saying that Ian Baraclough is the leading contender for the NI job, and its "his to lose".

Expected to be named interm boss initially. 

4 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

0_Motherwell-FC.jpg

Think this is the funniest double whammy of posts in this forum's existence.

23 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently in some Q and A thing this evening Robbo mentioned that White has signed a PCA with you guys.

Ha! It was Tommy Wright announcing our transfer business this time last year. Presumably Robertson is a bit less passive aggressive about this one.

Tbf, Robinson was saying in an interview on BT the other week that we'd a couple of PCAs confirmed before *all this* and we were waiting on them being ratified. I'd imagine White was one he was talking about, Rickie Lamie being the other as Scott Burns had ran that story shortly before.

Going by Tony Watt's chat on the MFC Podcast the other day it sounds like he's keen to stick around at the club as well. Which I'm all for tbqh.

Edited by capt_oats

12 hours ago, RiG said:

Apparently in some Q and A thing this evening Robbo mentioned that White has signed a PCA with you guys.

The Q&A is here btw.

In fairness to Robertson he doesn't actually name us.

Around 52:50 he just says that Rooney and White have signed PCAs with "other clubs". It's not a massive leap to think we're the club for White but it's not quite Tommy Wright chucking his toys out the pram and telling the press that Declan Gallagher's signing for Motherwell.

Edited by capt_oats

On 25/04/2020 at 10:09, capt_oats said:

The Q&A is here btw.

In fairness to Robertson he doesn't actually name us.

Around 52:50 he just says that Rooney and White have signed PCAs with "other clubs". It's not a massive leap to think we're the club for White but it's not quite Tommy Wright chucking his toys out the pram and telling the press that Declan Gallagher's signing for Motherwell.

It's unlikely Robbo would be howling about it to be fair. He's normally pretty honest although when Vigurs signed a contract with Ross County I recall we did release a bit of a tear stained statement that he had left for them on a 3 year deal (which apparently turned out to be incorrect). I think that was more down to the club than the manager so Robbo will be pretty understanding if White has indeed gone. It's a good move for the guy and good luck to him I say.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

It's unlikely Robbo would be howling about it to be fair. He's normally pretty honest although when Vigurs signed a contract with Ross County I recall we did release a bit of a tear stained statement that he had left for them on a 3 year deal (which apparently turned out to be incorrect). I think that was more down to the club than the manager so Robbo will be pretty understanding if White has indeed gone. It's a good move for the guy and good luck to him I say.

In fairness I just found it quite funny after the Gallagher thing last year with Wright coming out in the press telling folk we were signing him rather than St Johnstone. Robertson's comment is absolutely fair enough.

Incidentally, I had a feeling we'd been linked with White years back and a quick check on Steelmen says we were apparently looking at him (and Rooney) back in the 15/16 window when he was at Livi and Rooney was at Queens Park.

Edited by capt_oats

Four years on from this, was such a good performance and some cracking goals (check out Allan Campbell’s driving run).

Very decent success rate from the team too, albeit we played a few ringers if I recall correctly?

Team: Long, Watt, McMillan, Ferguson, Hall, Campbell, MacLean (Hastie 90), Turnbull (Leitch 72), Mackin (Falconer), Thomas, Cadden (C)

15 hours ago, AndyRoss said:

Four years on from this, was such a good performance and some cracking goals (check out Allan Campbell’s driving run).

Very decent success rate from the team too, albeit we played a few ringers if I recall correctly?

Team: Long, Watt, McMillan, Ferguson, Hall, Campbell, MacLean (Hastie 90), Turnbull (Leitch 72), Mackin (Falconer), Thomas, Cadden (C)

I think by this point Campbell had already been in the team a fair amount and Cadden was pretty much a regular starter. I absolutely did not realise Turnbull was playing as well. 

Very decent evening out though. A lovely walk down to Hampden in the evening sunshine. 

On 24/04/2020 at 21:39, RiG said:

Turns out Declan posting a photo on instagram with him saying "See you soon brother" about 3 months ago was the least subtle hint ever.

I think by this point Campbell had already been in the team a fair amount and Cadden was pretty much a regular starter. I absolutely did not realise Turnbull was playing as well. 
Very decent evening out though. A lovely walk down to Hampden in the evening sunshine. 

It was nice to go to hamden and win something for a change.

It was a fantastic performance and they totally outclassed Hearts.