Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Big strong and mobile , big and solid . Brilliant stuff . That's all you hear about players we sign . Could we not get a few other descriptives in to describe our players like , looked fit , rapid , quick , lightning or finisher etc . Please give us a change .    

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big strong and mobile , big and solid . Brilliant stuff . That's all you hear about players we sign . Could we not get a few other descriptives in to describe our players like , looked fit , rapid , quick , lightning or finisher etc . Please give us a change .

Exactly, the same kind of description we gave to Kyle, Beattie, Slane and Donnelly...

Knocked it about well against a poor side. Meggatt will do just fine for us and looks a big solid type. Speaking of big and solid, Cairney doesn't look to have shifted any weight. The Irish boy took his goal well but other than that looked a fish out of water up top. I'll be kind and say he's raw.

As others have said the big plus was McGuffie. Looked a breath of fresh air when he came on.

Agree about McGuffie and the irish boy the chance he had second half when put in don't know what he did with it but he looked like he was limping after it good header for the goal.but it was a great cross in

5 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Think the first team play the 20s tonight.  Assume it will be at Belmont as that is usually where they train.

Hope the kids took it easy.

I wonder who the 'top flight striker' McCall is homing in on is. Noticed Kilmarnock have told Dale Carrick he's free to find a new club so it could be him. McCall and Derek McInnes atr Aberdeen appear to have a close relationship so it could be one of there stririkers on loan*.

* To sum up, I don't have a clue

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the Aberdeen strikers Smith/Shankland, Moore and O'Connell to be our 3. What would be very advantageous is a couple of them can play numerous positions.

Would very much doubt it will be Smith or Shankland. They'll have offers from top end championship bottom premiership.

Archived