Ayr United, What now 2016/17

On 5/28/2016 at 09:51, callum-ayr said:

Thought with the signings happening it would be good to put up your teams squad lists and update them in here.  Could be pinned maybe?

Ayr United:

Goalkeepers:

Greg Fleming

Jordan Hart

Defenders:

Nicky Devlin

Paddy Boyle

Peter Murphy

Michael Rose

Darryl Meggat

Craig McCracken (20s)

Grant Thorburn (20s)

Midfield:

Paul Cairney

Ross Docherty

Jamie Adams *

Mikey Donald *

Robbie Crawford

Brian Gilmour

Mick Wardrope (20s)

Craig McGuffie (20s)

Andy Johnston (20s)

Luke Murphy (20s)

Strikers:

Alan Forrest **

Jamie Thomas – Loan

Craig Moore - Loan

Andy O’Connell ***

*Can play defence as well

** Can play midfield as well

*** Can play defence midfield and upfront 

Updated our squad list going by who's played pre-season/squad numbers/sponsorships.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pretty daft for Jordan Hart, Michael Wardrope and Craig McGuffie tbh.

20s brackets?  Not got Hart, but i'd imagine Mick and Craig will still be involved with the 20s this year as they won't always be playing, maybe Craig a bit more than Mick.  One, if not both will start today though.

Not concerned at all about today's result. As poor as we played we still created a few chances and could and should have won by more, Edinburgh were a very stuffy side who didn't really let us play. We had 3 players (Moore, Cairney and Fleming) missing today who I'd regard as part of our best starting 11.

Still expecting another 3/4 signings before the Raith game in two weeks. 

20s brackets?  Not got Hart, but i'd imagine Mick and Craig will still be involved with the 20s this year as they won't always be playing, maybe Craig a bit more than Mick.  One, if not both will start today though.

Just this

4296e2858face8b0ef9589a0c89523a3.jpg

12 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Not concerned at all about today's result. As poor as we played we still created a few chances and could and should have won by more, Edinburgh were a very stuffy side who didn't really let us play. We had 3 players (Moore, Cairney and Fleming) missing today who I'd regard as part of our best starting 11.

Still expecting another 3/4 signings before the Raith game in two weeks. 

Cairney came on midway through the first half and was well off the pace.

Thought the boy Thomas looked quite lazy, seemed to walk through the match with hands on hips and then a run of the fingers through the hair. Hard to tell what he will be like but certainly needs to add a bit of graft to his game.

Thought the boy Thomas looked quite lazy, seemed to walk through the match with hands on hips and then a run of the fingers through the hair. Hard to tell what he will be like but certainly needs to add a bit of graft to his game.

I thought he was trying to do too much when he finally got the ball. Showed glimpses of class but let's not forget this is his first real taste of first team football. Very much a work in progress.

4 hours ago, Buckfast said:

I'm sure the North Terracing will encourage him to get his finger out.

He seemed to get the ball, flick his feet over it a few times and then have it taken from him in the simplest fashion. Bearing in mind this was probably the lowest quality defense in terms of league placing we will play all season, he needs to learn quickly what his capabilities are and try to do the simple things correct first.

The two decent efforts he had either half showed he had a bit of quality, but the embarrassing failed step-overs and flicks have to be cut out. I have seen some of the players from the academy have better debuts than he had and they are never seen again. Hopefully it was just nerves.

He was playing up with a centre back who wasn't fit and a left winger who isn't quite ready yet.  Tough one for your first competitive game outwith academy football.  Looked good against Gretna and good in parts of the game yesterday.  I think he has all the attributes to be a good foil for Moore. 

Will take a few games for him to get into the rythym. The recommendation of his signing came from someone who knows him well as well as Henry and they know exactly what he is capable of. Better player than Preston IMO, but he has to prove it.

Muirkirk Juniors v Ayr XI tonight at Burnside park if anyone is at a loose end tonight. Would expect the likes of Hart, McCracken & Wardrope to feature. I'm driving up from Prestwick with a couple of spare seats, drop me a PM.

47 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Muirkirk Juniors v Ayr XI tonight at Burnside park if anyone is at a loose end tonight. Would expect the likes of Hart, McCracken & Wardrope to feature. I'm driving up from Prestwick with a couple of spare seats, drop me a PM.

According to Muirkirk ' s twitter account the game is on 1 August. Has it been brought forward?

Archived