Ayr United, What now 2016/17

Somerset Boab obviously helped raise significant funds for the club and as had been said they did all they could do to thank him in my view. However, again in my view, he was a bit of a dick as an individual. He seemed to think he was a big shot after doing a couple of songs and any interactions I had with him he came across as a cringeworthy p***k. The money he helped raise would be a loss, he himself not turning up would be a gain. I'd also be interested to hear his story of how badly treated he was.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw a few comments around the time of his last album from players not exactly loving the fact they had parody songs written about them, maybe that part of his persona had run its course. 

He raised a lot of money for the club and put a great deal of time and effort in, attracting local companies to promote themselves through the club which probably crossed over in to Greame Millers role now. I'm not going to have a go at the guy for all the work he has done though

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Always thought Brian Reid was the better manager :huh: Don't mind us losing if we at least compete but we have been nowhere near in any of our games so far. 

Don't know about that but some of the shite we've kept this season brings McCall's/Lachlan's judgement into question.

I keep seeing people saying we're not playing bad and that it'll take time etc.  We don't have time.  By the end of today we could be 6 points behind Dumbarton who will have a much better goal difference than us.  If we are not playing bad and after 2 and a half games have zero points and a goal difference of -7, then I sincerely do not want to witness us playing bad.

At the moment we're relegation certainties, our season now depends on McCall getting his finger out and signing decent championship players.

Dreadful team selection.  Can't carry Cairney, Harkins and Forrest away from home - not a honest day's labour between them.  Dropping Meggatt for Adams is just weird.  No shame in parking the bus for at least the first hour in these games.  Both new centre backs dropped after 2 league games - no idea where we go from here.  The AU media guys are seriously clutching at straws on the commentary.  3 very comfortable defeats.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Three weeks into the season and so short we can't even remotely compete at this level. Absolutely fucking pathetic. 

What were you expecting today? Dundee Utd had a blip against Dumbarton but hammered Partick at home. Whilst I think we really need some new players looking at the other scores our first three games have been against decent teams. There are some strong teams in this league and tannadice along with Easter road I expect nothing all season. 

Archived