Ayr United, What now 2016/17

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Right then. The reliable Wikipedia says Pogba has signed for some Dutch side. Balatoni would improve us massively.

Possibly but he can't exactly be on a big wage. 

Pogba signed for Sparta Rotterdam.

Nah I don't imagine he would be on much of a wage but it could be the difference between us being able to afford someone or not.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every group of supporters are the same. Can't imagine any player making a career decision on the basis of fan moaniness.

I heard they scour the depths of a club's thread on P&B, taking into consideration the moan factor, before deciding whether to sign or not.

Or maybe that's as much shite as folk thinking that people posting their opinions on a football forum somehow affects team morale.

Who knows.

C'mon, we all know players talk to players. Especially at our level (part time). We are only a small step above junior and a big step behind full-time. We need to sell the club to any prospective signing, the manager, squad, stadium and support. We don't have the money to blind players of all of this.

1 hour ago, Logie55 said:

Gaffers runnin out of time to sign his 4 or 5 players he's lookin to get in . Staring at this Sky Sports infobar here . Canny see ocht . 

We'll be fortunate to have 1 more player in the door, we seem to be taking the cross our fingers tightly approach this season.

1 hour ago, Logie55 said:

Gaffers runnin out of time to sign his 4 or 5 players he's lookin to get in . Staring at this Sky Sports infobar here . Canny see ocht . 

There was to be no business today, deadline day has no effect on us. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I heard they scour the depths of a club's thread on P&B, taking into consideration the moan factor, before deciding whether to sign or not.

Or maybe that's as much shite as folk thinking that people posting their opinions on a football forum somehow affects team morale.

Who knows.

But what about the guy on here who said we hounded Sinclair out the club. 

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_JS37900486.jpg

15 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Both absolutely rubbish players that would add nothing more than numbers to the squad. 

You can't be serious about Balatoni? You'd rather we went into the season with what we have now than sign a guy who's played in the Premiership for years?

You can't be serious about Balatoni? You'd rather we went into the season with what we have now than sign a guy who's played in the Premiership for years?

Pretty sure from what I remember seeing if him he is an absolute nightmare. Not sure what purpose that would have. Would be like signing Ross Perry.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Pretty sure from what I remember seeing if him he is an absolute nightmare. Not sure what purpose that would have. Would be like signing Ross Perry.

I'd rather sign him than stick with what we have. We definitely need another defender in and a guy who's played in The Premiership (even if he struggled a bit, dropping down might be his level and he'd be a competent player) would surely be a good signing.

I'd rather sign him than stick with what we have. We definitely need another defender in and a guy who's played in The Premiership (even if he struggled a bit, dropping down might be his level and he'd be a competent player) would surely be a good signing.

While it's clear we need as capable centre backs as we can get I'm not sure he is as good as we have IMO. I think Murphy and Meggatt are better than Smith & Robertson or Gibson & James before them for us at this level.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

While it's clear we need as capable centre backs as we can get I'm not sure he is as good as we have IMO. I think Murphy and Meggatt are better than Smith & Robertson or Gibson & James before them for us at this level.

Honestly I don't know if he's better. I really like Murphy but his lack of pace is a big weakness and from what I've seen Meggatt looks decent enough but I'd still be really happy if we signed Balatoni. It's been a while but I remember thinking he was decent in his Partick days.

Honestly I don't know if he's better. I really like Murphy but his lack of pace is a big weakness and from what I've seen Meggatt looks decent enough but I'd still be really happy if we signed Balatoni. It's been a while but I remember thinking he was decent in his Partick days.

That's fair enough, no movement in days on it says it might be off the cards in any case.

Archived