Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

Schaefer and Sauerland announce a new boxing tournament, the World Boxing Super Series. I'll believe it when I see it but 50 million up for grabs apparently, 2 weight classes and straight knock out format. Tournaments are notoriously difficult to organise in boxing with potential tv deal problems injuries etc, but hopefully something comes of it might be a bit of fresh air

Just watched Thurman Garcia again as I couldn't remember it from last week. Wish I hadn't bothered.

I'm halfway through it just now and it's putting me to sleep.

Anyone think Stevens is good value at 3/1 tonight? Big fan of Lemieux but he's nothing special.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Anyone think Stevens is good value at 3/1 tonight? Big fan of Lemieux but he's nothing special.

I think I'm the only one who's taken him in the predictor. It's a pick 'em for me so well worth a punt at that price

Deffo worth a speculative punt. Lemieux is bang average.
Am I right in thinking this is PPV in the US? Who is their right mind would actually part with cash to watch these two?

27 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Deffo worth a speculative punt. Lemieux is bang average.
Am I right in thinking this is PPV in the US? Who is their right mind would actually part with cash to watch these two?

Nah it's not PPV, it's the Boxing after dark series that HBO does. I love the match up should be fun but am I f**k staying up till 5 to watch it

1 hour ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Both looked absolutely shit in their last fights

Stevens not f**k his hand in his last fight? Seem to remember him being a couple of punches away from the KO but having to string it out for 10 rounds. Don't think I've even seen Lemieux's last fight 

They're both done not that they were ever particularly good to begin with.  Like you said should be a fun fight, but also has the potential to be a bit of a hugathon, whoever loses will be out of the picture really and the winner will still get fights against guys like Charlo coming up from 154 at the very least.

5 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Absolutely mental how much they're going on about how hard it is to get a decision in Germany considering cards in the UK recently

That card was shambolic though, could see it coming a mile off right enough.