Boxing Thread

Meth Damon

9 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

I reckon the most significant thing will be that Klitch has literally fought nothing above bar brawlers since David Haye and after... then he fought Fury and was soundly beaten. He'll get soundly beaten again and will retire with not a single big name under his belt.

A roided Povetkin? Pulev? Being that much better than the whole heavyweight division isn't a negative, it shows how good he was. 

I'm sure we've gone over this about 5 times since Fury beat him may as well do it once more for good measure

It's a hard fight to call because we don't know what wlad has left. Big humble baws is no where near as good a mover as Fury and is stuff and predictable which will play into Wlad's hands. Experience is a huge advantage in boxing as well and AJ is green and un tested.
But AJ hits hard and is fast and accurate. Wlad is slowing and can be stopped.

If AJ takes till the mid to late rounds to get rid of breazale and Whyte then I can't see him blowing Wlad away early as he will likely spoil the first few rounds to get a foothold in the fight. I reckon this could go the distance.

Almost worked my way through last weekends fights.  Valdez - Mariaga was excellent, round 10 will be one of the best of the year.  Magdaleno and that olympian Stevenson both looked pretty good.  Jermell Charlo is hitting much harder now he's with Spence Jr's trainer, getting more like his brother.  Porter gets away with murder because he's such a nice guy.  If that was Broner doing that he'd be getting hammered.  Went with heart over head picking Langford last week, he was startiing to box nicely but had nothing on his shots to keep Khurt off him.  Would expect Saunders to deal with him fairly easily.  Haven't quite brought myself to sit through Murray - Rosado yet, sounded like a robbery from what I heard.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Nope, I'll be there, jaked off my tits and ready to go mental as Can't Stop kicks in and one of the top 5 heavyweights of all time enters the stadium. Glorious.

I'd be buzzing to hear the greatest national anthem in the world

Not surprised to see a *** not appreciating that reference.
Big Tyson is still the lineal heavyweight champion Milesy, deal with it.
Tyson-Fury-heavyweight-belts.jpg

Is he aye? Last I was aware he was a coked-up waster who chucked it all away for the dizzying heights of being a full-time knob on Twitter.