Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

CrM9vq3W8AEIN9W.jpg

Small image, but thats the league table, for the lowest professional division, on this day, in 1986/87...

The Twitter page dedicated to that sort of thing is quite fun - https://twitter.com/Old_Saints_news

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

CrM9vq3W8AEIN9W.jpg

Small image, but thats the league table, for the lowest professional division, on this day, in 1986/87...

The Twitter page dedicated to that sort of thing is quite fun - https://twitter.com/Old_Saints_news

That was the season I started going! Steve Maskrey was like Messi in that league.

Yesterday was @St_Johnstone_FC Manager Tommy Wright's 150th in charge in all comps. W68 D30 L52 F197 A166 - Impressive Win ratio of 45%

Edited by RandomGuy.

One of Scottish football's good guys. I was desperate for Thistle to sign him when he was at Livingston. He was one of five players Ian McCall identified as targets at a meet-the-manager night, none of which came off.

He will be hugely missed around the club.  A great player and captain, and he seemed like a real gent.  Sad he didn't get to bow out on his own terms, but he went out at the top, after captaining us to 4 European campaigns, a Scottish Cup win, and 4th place at the end of his last full season.

Wish him all the best for whatever comes next.

Genuinely devastated, contributed to one of the greatest days of my life. 

I hope theirs a place for him behind the scenes. one of the greatest in the clubs history. 

We all dream of a team of Dave Mackay's.