Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Tommy wright is an arrogant clown, Kane and Kerr should’ve started today but if he started Kane that would mean admitting he got it wrong putting him out on loan 

What then would be he admitting to starting Millar and Watson? 

12 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Have I lost it or were you not all crying about Chris Millar leaving a year ago?

Yep. And he’s still here. Certainly seems an effective way to build a positive atmosphere at the club. 

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Have I lost it or were you not all crying about Chris Millar leaving a year ago?

We were all disappointed he was being forced out. 12 months later and he's still clearly our best CM. Probably highlights what's gone wrong at the club, tbh. 

No doubt its the wrong word, but there's been an arrogance about the squad we have that isn't deserved. We've refused to replace players for far too long 

Signing no-one is not an option. Signing an empty shirt like Franks is not an option. These seem the two most likely options to be followed, however.

If that is what happens and we somehow manage to avoid being dragged right to the bottom of the league the summer needs to be a total overhaul top to bottom of the squad.

We have been poor all season, I honestly cannot remember the last good performance at home.   But this is still the same group of players who went to Ibrox, played them off the park and won 3-1 about 4 games ago.

We hadnt played for 4 weeks, so we're out of sorts. Is it that unexpected?  Add that to the fact that Alan Archibald has out thought Tommy Wright for about the past 3 seasons, what's new?

I share the frustration over lack of transfer activity.  We've been expecting changes for the last few windows, and instead we've ended up with stop gap measures and papering over the cracks.  

When I look at what other clubs in the league do in transfer windows, it makes me think that our manager maybe doesn't have a lot of contacts to use to get players in. We seem to regularly return to the same players instead of finding fresh talent.

Going back to sticking Scougall wide just seems like the manager wasn't paying attention for the entire first half of the season. I find that kind of stubbornness in a manager really frustrating.

2 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

If that is what happens and we somehow manage to avoid being dragged right to the bottom of the league the summer needs to be a total overhaul top to bottom of the squad.

You're right, but it feels like this has been said for the past 3-4 January's or summers.

For the past 4-5 seasons, we have finished very strongly and ended up top 6 and in Europe etc, with mostly the same group of players doing brilliantly. It possibly masked what had gone on for long periods mid-season. I remember when we achieved top 6 last season I wanted us to play a few games post split with fringe/ young players and start to plan for the following year. If we missed out on Europe then so be it. A few folk understandably argued we should be playing our strongest team and finishing as high as possible.

We've then had a rushed, disjointed summer with planning for Europe. 

I still think we'll battle through this. But this time next season are we likely to have seen many changes?

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

What I also can’t understand is whilst Tommy is struggling why is the managerial genius in waiting that is Callum Davidson, not showing his influence?

Beyond a few fans saying Davidson is the natural successor - which I think is the long term view of the club - I don’t think any of our fans have said he’s a managerial genius. Given that he’s never managed anyone before, that would be some feat.