Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, The Saintee said:

Can't see it. Unless these new strikers can hit some amazing form and subsequent numbers. A secure playoff and good form going into it is the best I'm hoping for.

Think we'd need a couple of back to back wins just to get back close to 10th.

However if we'd scored a few more goals the points total could have been much better.

We've still two games left v County so its not impossible. 

We'd need to win both games and also outperform them against other teams though, and that's where I struggle to believe it can happen.

County look far too good a side for us to catch to me. Someone is going to have to collapse for us to catch up. Frankly I’m far more concerned about moving away from Dundee than I am catching 10th. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

County look far too good a side for us to catch to me. Someone is going to have to collapse for us to catch up. Frankly I’m far more concerned about moving away from Dundee than I am catching 10th. 

The thought of them changing manager is a bit worrying tbh. 

The last 3 games were a really good chance for us. Dundee and United are probably the two least in form sides in the division besides us, we played both at home, and it was at the end of the window/after the window. 2pts and 0 goals is a woeful return and I suspect we'll look back at it as a missed opportunity. 9pts from the last 3 games was more than doable and while 5 is better than I expected tbh, its not enough to get us out of trouble.

Confidence is back in the team though, so no excuses from now on about having to take draws, they are no longer good enough.

The thought of them changing manager is a bit worrying tbh. 
The last 3 games were a really good chance for us. Dundee and United are probably the two least in form sides in the division besides us, we played both at home, and it was at the end of the window/after the window. 2pts and 0 goals is a woeful return and I suspect we'll look back at it as a missed opportunity. 9pts from the last 3 games was more than doable and while 5 is better than I expected tbh, its not enough to get us out of trouble.
Confidence is back in the team though, so no excuses from now on about having to take draws, they are no longer good enough.

The confidence being back is a biggie. Maybe the post match scenes at Kelty will be talked about as a rallying point going forward.

3 minutes ago, TractorBoy said:

What's the latest with Bear, is he good to go yet?

Wouldn't be shocked if we don't find out until the line up is announced at 6:45 on Wednesday tbh.

3 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Chris Kane is out for the season.

So that's him and Wotherspoon.

I wouldn't be shocked if the "6 weeks" for Rooney takes him into the split before he returns too.

Is Bryson out for the season too?

It fairly builds up.

50 minutes ago, TractorBoy said:

What's the latest with Bear, is he good to go yet?

Still no clearance. Won't play on Wednesday but "hopeful" he can play against Aberdeen.

Made this point elsewhere a few weeks ago but you'd have been quite happy to see us line up as follows in big games last season:

Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Rooney, Tanser, McCann, Bryson, Wotherspoon, Melamed, Kane. 

The manager has definitely got things wrong in recent months but he hasn't half been dealt a shit hand as well. Lost Tanser and Melamed, then Kerr and McCann. Had to do without Gordon for 2 months, then just when he got him back, lost Wotherspoon for the season. And since then Rooney, Bryson and now Kane have picked up serious injuries. The two that haven't are leaving in the summer. 

Between that and a poor break with referees, we are paying our penance for last season anyway.