Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I think the point is less about blame and more he was potentially struggling. Hence him distancing himself from others... 🫤 

I'm sure not playing and not being valued as a player doesn't help with that though.

I just find it remarkable how these things are suddenly common knowledge after you start questioning whats gone on. There was never a single mention of anything about Mahon, yet now? Everybody knows a version which makes him look bad and the club smart.

Was the same with Vertainen. Ask why hes never getting a chance then suddenly everyone knows hes "fallen out" with MacLean at training and refused to learn what they wanted him too, something thats remarkably only happened at our club and was a recycled rumour previously leveled at Callum Hendry. Fairly sure we were getting the same rumours appearing with Melamed before he got his chance and took it.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I just find it remarkable how these things are suddenly common knowledge after you start questioning whats gone on. There was never a single mention of anything about Mahon, yet now? Everybody knows a version which makes him look bad and the club smart.

Was the same with Vertainen. Ask why hes never getting a chance then suddenly everyone knows hes "fallen out" with MacLean at training and refused to learn what they wanted him too, something thats remarkably only happened at our club and was a recycled rumour previously leveled at Callum Hendry. Fairly sure we were getting the same rumours appearing with Melamed before he got his chance and took it.

You'd think Saints would be gaining a reputation for not treating players particularly fairly. I wonder if amongst agents how saints are perceived? Obviously, one agent in particular gets preferential treatment, so that too may feed in. I suspect after a change of ownership and/or management team, some stories will come to light that clarifies a few things. 

Regardless, it's a bit of a struggle to see much good things happening within the club, which is not something you could often say. The community trust do some fantastic stuff, despite being associated with saints.

"Sometimes you get good players who havent played a lot of games" is his quote today about a new signing.

Mikey Devlin has 6 games in 3 years.

Feels certain to be him?

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Sometimes you get good players who havent played a lot of games" is his quote today about a new signing.

Mikey Devlin has 6 games in 3 years.

Feels certain to be him?

FWIW, the rumour was Goodwin said he'd give him a chance to prove himself last season. Hurt himself in his first session he was fit enough to take part in and that was that.

I would avoid if I was tasked with recruiting players for a football team.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

FWIW, the rumour was Goodwin said he'd give him a chance to prove himself last season. Hurt himself in his first session he was fit enough to take part in and that was that.

I would avoid if I was tasked with recruiting players for a football team.

I dont know how true it is, but transfermarkt reckon hes missed most of this season due to an ankle surgery. Was it not ankle injuries that absolutely ruined his time with you?

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Am I right in reading he hasn't played since January last year?!!!

SURELY we don't sign him? 

Hes played this season.

If it’s a 6 month deal to prove his fitness and provide cover then sure, I’m ok with it. If however and we know this will be the case he gets a long term contract thrown at him, then f**k that for a laugh. 

18 minutes ago, Widge said:

If it’s a 6 month deal to prove his fitness and provide cover then sure, I’m ok with it. If however and we know this will be the case he gets a long term contract thrown at him, then f**k that for a laugh. 

I could see us taking the punt if the coaching staff saw him and thought we could get minutes out him. As you say a short term to prove he'd be useful + give us cover.

We cant afford to chuck 18 months at him based on reputation and hearsay though, especially since hes been injured this season after one match. 

Id rather we went for someone else but 4th choice CB at Saints probably isnt an easy sell so youre probably always going for an experienced crock or inexperienced kid. Ideally youd be signing someone about 23 with experience elsewhere who just needs to settle and then replace one of our ageing/loaned in CBs, but that was the Mahon plan last season i guess, so doubt theyll try again.

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Considine has another 2 years after this does he not? 🫤

Another year, but he needs phased out and a long term plan in place. Something that saints are just not doing right now. 

33 minutes ago, Widge said:

We’d be better just holding off, giving the extra cash to Spoony and then making a move for Robbie Deas in the summer as Considines replacement. 

Speaking far too much sense. Remember the man involved in these deals. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont know how true it is, but transfermarkt reckon hes missed most of this season due to an ankle surgery. Was it not ankle injuries that absolutely ruined his time with you?

One of the injuries was his knee. I think that's the one that our recommended surgeon botched. Which is one of the reasons we extended his deal.