Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

he and the board surely can't ignore the fans booing when Davidson came over

That was my feelings. 

They shouldn't just let it get worse and so toxic that it's going to become impossible to play in. Take action, control the situation. 

They won't though. 

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Tom Petty has the most ‘Dundee’ haircut of all time.  Probably kicks about in adidas sambas too.

But in answer to your original point, yes we’re looking a bit fucked. 

You do realise that Tom Petty died a few years back?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye having now seen the wave, it doesnt look like a farewell to me.

Where’d you see it? First time I can remember him coming over after a defeat tbf, that probably swayed my thinking 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Where’d you see it? First time I can remember him coming over after a defeat tbf, that probably swayed my thinking 

Scottish Football Away Days Facebook page I'm sure, just briefly popped up as a suggested post.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scottish Football Away Days Facebook page I'm sure, just briefly popped up as a suggested post.

Get what you mean aye, definitely felt at the time it last longer and was a bit more sincere than that

10 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The amount of non action from Saints is unsurprising. 

In 18 months time they'll be phoning lapsed season ticket holders asking why they don't attend anymore. 

St Johnstone supremo Steven Brown has EXCLUSIVELY told RecordSport that all attempts at selling the Perthshire club have so far failed, and hes now willing to just hand the club away. The Scottish Championship side have seen their crowds plummet since sacking double winning manager Callum Davidson following their relegation 6 months ago, and Brown reckons this isnt helping his cause.

"Its hard to entice people to buy a club with promises of a bright future when fans won't turn up in numbers", said Brown, "its held us back for years and led to a decline, and theres little we didnt try to turn it around. Theres just no interest in the club from wider Perthshire". 

“I can understand the fans’ frustration because I’m probably even more annoyed watching that than they are,” said Davidson, whose team were booed off for the second Saturday in a row.

“This is a tough league but I just expect my players to be better than they were today.

“The thing that disappoints me most is that I told the players not to take too many touches on a difficult surface but they didn’t listen and we took too many touches.

“We switched to a back four today to simplify things, with one centre-back tight on the striker and the other dropping off but at the first goal no-one goes tight and he’s allowed to turn and play the ball forward.

“I was very disappointed by that first half. It just wasn’t good enough.”

Saints are now just five points above 12th place and four above 11th and the themes that are dragging them into real trouble are recurring ones.

Davidson added: “I’ve said that all along, our results haven’t been great in the last three or four games and we should be doing better.

“For me, basic mistakes have cost us in those matches but do they want to just sit and accept that or do they roll their sleeves up?

“I’ve told the players that it wasn’t good enough. Again, the goals we’re losing were poor.”