Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, double deluxe said:

With Saints still having 4 PPV ‘slots’ left, would anyone fancy the United game being moved to, say, a Friday evening kick off? 

Would be up for that. Anything that’s not  a Saturday lunchtime would be Braw. 

51 minutes ago, Radford said:

It may be illogical but I'm probably as worried as I've been after seeing the fixtures laid out. But it's still exciting.

On the pitch, what would be thoughts/reaction if we played home League Cup group games at another ground? We just need to get that pitch sorted above all else.

Just play them all as away fixtures. 

Half of me thinks a sold out game,  which is massively important and likely in the sunshine, would be great fun and not allowing it to sell out would be a waste of an occasion. Best chance of that is allowing United part of the Ormond at least.

Other half thinks we need every possible advantage, and allowing an on form Utd side a huge vocal backing would be crazy.

Im absolutely shitting it about these games. On fire United feels too much for us, Motherwell will want to prove a point after we demolished them earlier this year, then do we back this group to go away to County and Killie back to back and pick up points?

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Half of me thinks a sold out game,  which is massively important and likely in the sunshine, would be great fun and not allowing it to sell out would be a waste of an occasion. Best chance of that is allowing United part of the Ormond at least.

Other half thinks we need every possible advantage, and allowing an on form Utd side a huge vocal backing would be crazy.

Im absolutely shitting it about these games. On fire United feels too much for us, Motherwell will want to prove a point after we demolished them earlier this year, then do we back this group to go away to County and Killie back to back and pick up points?

I say, take any advantage we can get.

Re the difficulty of Utd, when you look at the 3 wins they have had, 2 are vs bottom 6 sides and the other vs Hibs, who are not exactly on fire and they we could/should have beat last week.

No doubt utd have turned a corner, but they are where they are for a reason. 

The unknown for others and us as fans, is what sort of Saints will other teams be playing. I saw much more fight on Saturday than for a long time and that can go a lomg way. On the flip, County will be feeling very dejected from last few games. 

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im absolutely shitting it about these games. On fire United feels too much for us.

I feel a lot calmer about it. For some reason I feel more comfortable playing teams on good runs than those on bad runs. Not sure if it's borne out by results, but I sense we do much better against 'on fire' teams.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

It may be illogical but I'm probably as worried as I've been after seeing the fixtures laid out. But it's still exciting.

On the pitch, what would be thoughts/reaction if we played home League Cup group games at another ground? We just need to get that pitch sorted above all else.

I think that might be the case, as i was told by a member of the grounds team that we had already requested the first league game to be away, that would seem a pointless request if there had already been two games played on it in the league cup.

1 hour ago, double deluxe said:

With Saints still having 4 PPV ‘slots’ left, would anyone fancy the United game being moved to, say, a Friday evening kick off? 

Me for sure as ive a day invite to a wedding now that clashes with the Dundee United game. 😀

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Me for sure as ive a day invite to a wedding now that clashes with the Dundee United game. 😀

I’ve an evening reception for a wedding. Could be in a seriously foul mood during it if we don’t get something here.