Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Don't do it TRS unless he reveals the mystery target....

Unlike all of the lowly Saints commoners such as yourself, I already know who the mystery target is. ;)

https://m.soundcloud.com/tuesdayteamtalk/tuesday-team-talk-017-01-08-2017

Tommy interview at the 10:20 mark.

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

Cliques are disgusting and we Saints fans should be above such things imo.

Tell us you utter c*nts!

There are absolutely NO CLIQUES within the St. Johnstone support. HOW DARE YOU make such an accusation?!

I won't be making any further comments about the mystery player until I've discussed things with my lawyer (my lawyer is Kyle).

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

There are absolutely NO CLIQUES within the St. Johnstone support. HOW DARE YOU make such an accusation?!

I won't be making any further comments about the mystery player until I've discussed things with my lawyer (my lawyer is Kyle).

Shall we share a pint this evening to discuss?

#NoCliques

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd look like a pedo if you took TRS to a pub m9.

I'm baby faced as well (if I shave the beard). We'll just get id'd and inevitably huckled out the door.

6 minutes ago, SaintDougie said:

If you're not going to say whomever it is will you at least indicate as to when they are likely to be announced so we don't have to keep reading all your tedious Cliquey banter please? 

It'll be announced whenever the club get a deal in place with the player. Someone I trust mentioned a name to me and told me that's the number one target. Sammon was the first name I heard and I tried to dampen expectations on the forum because he's clearly pish. We've heard about Storey who's a much better option for what we need in the team and the player I've been told is the number one target is much better still, albeit he'll likely cost much more and it may prove beyond us.

If/when I'm in a position to say, I'll say. Surely better having something to talk about on these threads than nothing at all though.

Edited by Kyle

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It'll be announced whenever the club get a deal in place with the player. Someone I trust mentioned a name to me and told me that's the number one target. Sammon was the first name I heard and I tried to dampen expectations on the forum because he's clearly pish. We've heard about Storey who's a much better option for what we need in the team and the player I've been told is the number one target is much better still, albeit he'll likely cost much more and it may prove beyond us.

If/when I'm in a position to say, I'll say. Surely better having something to talk about on these threads than nothing at all though.

Not good enough, specific time and date please.... In all seriousness though, surely if, as mentioned the player is one of three possible strikers and Macca's not going to play on Saturday as per, TW would like someone in by then?

I know we still have Kane and Cummins but.....

Just now, SaintDougie said:

Not good enough, specific time and date please.... In all seriousness though, surely if, as mentioned the player is one of three possible strikers and Macca's not going to play on Saturday as per, TW would like someone in by then?

I know we still have Kane and Cummins but.....

The players we're after are all attached to clubs so I think we're in the unfortunate position of having to wait for them to release them. Whether that's when they're knocked out of Europe, have signed a player, waiting on players returning from injury or they're still making their mind up, we're kind of at the mercy of the clubs the players are at.

I think we'll have to be patient. We've got at at least 3 viable options that I know of and I suspect we'll get one of them before the window shuts. I'd rather the new signing  - whoever it is - was in place before playing Kilmarnock away too though.

I'm curious, is a case of the player being unwanted by the club he's at, or are we looking at acquiring someone on a transfer fee from a club that wouldn't want to sell?

I'm curious, is a case of the player being unwanted by the club he's at, or are we looking at acquiring someone on a transfer fee from a club that wouldn't want to sell?

I can't think of many people we'd pay for. Unless it's someone from the Irish leagues.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I can't think of many people we'd pay for. Unless it's someone from the Irish leagues.

I think we've made some kind of financial offer for Storey as I think we're the only club who's been granted permission to speak to him. I agree though - we will only pay for the right kind of player. 

I think we've made some kind of financial offer for Storey as I think we're the only club who's been granted permission to speak to him. I agree though - we will only pay for the right kind of player. 

Aye, sort of worded it wrong. We'll pay a small fee for an unwanted player, but any decent name who is actually wanted by their club would likely cost over £100k, which I can't see us paying, outwith maybe an Irish player