Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I hope it's worth it. MacLean isn't finished, but it's not viable to rely on him as the only 10+ goal a season player this season.

So, you're agreeing with the assertion that I was ridiculed for last season, that MacLean is breaking down?

You'll be more than fine whether or not you sign a great goal getter this season. You have at least 2-3 seasons out of the steady eddies that make you the successful team you are. The only dependent is Tommy Wright. You might have a depressing season (In St Johnstone terms in the TW era) but I reckon you've got at least another season in the top 6.

So, you're agreeing with the assertion that I was ridiculed for last season, that MacLean is breaking down?

No, I specifically said I don't think he's past it. I just don't think with a stronger league we'll be able to get away with only having one striker who's regularly scoring.

Worth noting that Cummins played a huge part in our first goal yesterday, while Kane started the attack by beating a man for the winner. So it's possible both will be a to raise their game due to new competition

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you can't criticize the saints for dragging their heels

Wright is on record as saying we tried to get him in January, tried again at the end of the season, and then again until the deal was agreed. Not exactly dragging heels, sounds like an active pursuit if anything.

My money would be on Rangers holding things up by proposing some top banter wage terms.

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

So you can't criticize the saints for dragging their heels

I'm criticising you for dragging your knuckles..Now be a good lad and stick your head back up your arse again all this fresh air is turning you into a blabbering idiot.

Edited by LANG TOON SAINTIE

21 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why would rangers tell the saints to bolt if they wanted rid of him?

How does it not?

Rangers rejected our original offer as they we're hoping for a better financial deal. It was not forthcoming so they relented and accepted offers from both Saints & Aberdeen. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.
Removed a patronising sounding sentence.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Get Cummins in the sea, clean through at 2-0 and he can't even hit the target.

Didn't even have the good grace to hold his head in his hands. We need this striker in asap.