Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

A bit worrying Nicky Clark is having to get a scan on his ankle injury?

Unsure if its the same one, but he needed surgery on an ankle a few years ago and it kept him out half a season.

Considine struggling with a hamstring injury too.

12 hours ago, mizfit said:

Really impressed with Max. He’s got to be starting for us next season.

Wonder where though?

Chance of another core breaking through?

Sinclair, Phillips, Ferguson, Max all under 23 and all seem very highly rated. Just need a young CB and young CF to come along now.

Edited by RandomGuy.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder where though?

Sinclair, Phillips, Ferguson, Max all under 23 and all seem very highly rated. Just need a young CB and young CF to come along now.

Give it a couple of years and you'll be calling them auld c***s. 😉

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wonder where though?

The advance role Halberg plays in a 3 (with cammy and Dan as the others)?

14 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

The advance role Halberg plays in a 3 (with cammy and Dan as the others)?

Aye thats the obvious one.

Guess with Carey (and Crawford) being the only one(s) signed up for next season in that position there is an opening if thats how they see it.

Big decisions to made on/by Hallberg, Wotherspoon and Murphy with that in mind.

Important not to block the pathway for younger players and we need to lose a few bodies anyway, but in an ideal world (to me) Wotherspoon and Hallberg would be here next season with some of the others making room in the squad. Very obviously isn’t an ideal world though. Pre-season potentially massive for Max. 

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye thats the obvious one.

Guess with Carey (and Crawford) being the only one(s) signed up for next season in that position there is an opening if thats how they see it.

Big decisions to made on/by Hallberg, Wotherspoon and Murphy with that in mind.

True. I would like to keep Halberg and I’m sure he’ll be offered a deal but expect he will end up in EFL1 or something for double his wages with us. 

would be happy to see max and spoony competing for that spot. Feel a bit sorry for murphy as he’s looked ok but fallen out the picture ao imagine he’ll be away.

I cannot for the life of me see Spoony being here next season. Don't think he's been offered anything and I doubt Davidson wants him around anyway. 

Looks to me like he's been given the Davidson have a bad game and no longer trusted treatment. 

He's started I think 1 game since the World Cup. 

Can't see Max playing regularly either though. He regularly played Carey in the deep role over Max. Those kind of decisions will continue next year. 

10 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

True. I would like to keep Halberg and I’m sure he’ll be offered a deal but expect he will end up in EFL1 or something for double his wages with us. 

would be happy to see max and spoony competing for that spot. Feel a bit sorry for murphy as he’s looked ok but fallen out the picture ao imagine he’ll be away.

Aye cant see Hallberg staying either, was there not a story somewhere last month that he hadnt been offered a new deal?

Murphys done relatively well when played but did feel like the post-World Cup collapse came from trying to fit him into the side. Might be wrong.

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

He's started I think 1 game since the World Cup. 

Aye. Subbed off at half time against Livingston (alongside Mitchell and Carey), and played just 52 minutes in the 7 games since. Hasnt played over 60 mins in a game since November either.

Another Davidson masterclass in progress...

FWIW I said on here when he signed on again that Spoony would be away at the end of his contract. I at least thought it could've been handled with a bit of dignity but it is a sign of what's going on at Mcdiarmid lately. I'd offer Melker a deal and let him and Max fight it out for the advanced midfielder role and let Murphy go. Punt Bair as far into the sun as possible. Just think if we'd spent the money wasted on him and Eetu on the boy at Ayr or even the bald Shagger, who's shown more in a month than both of them in a year.

This is if Davidson is still here by the way. New owners would be wise to punt him at the first opportunity. 

Don't ask why but I was down at the East Fife game a couple of weeks ago and Ferguson pretty much strolled it and scooped the MOTM. Hard to judge against punter opponents but was very composed with decent energy. 6 months in the championship then back in time for our 2024 European spot push.

3 minutes ago, CrieffSaint said:

Don't ask why but I was down at the East Fife game a couple of weeks ago and Ferguson pretty much strolled it and scooped the MOTM. Hard to judge against punter opponents but was very composed with decent energy. 6 months in the championship then back in time for our 2024 European spot push.

Hes out of contract this Summer...

48 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Punt Bair as far into the sun as possible.

Wonder who'll be classed as the worst "value for money" signing of the last few years, in terms of on pitch contribution, Mahon or Bair?

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye. Subbed off at half time against Livingston (alongside Mitchell and Carey), and played just 52 minutes in the 7 games since. Hasnt played over 60 mins in a game since November either.

Did he not start up at Ross County after the World Cup as well? Was poor in both games mentioned, although not enough to be jettisoned completely 

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Did he not start up at Ross County after the World Cup as well? Was poor in both games mentioned, although not enough to be jettisoned completely 

Theres a game where he played 50+ mins v County so probably that, i just saw November and assumed before the world cup tbh.

24 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Geoff confirming the sale of the club "is not imminent". 

Sounds like there's been parties sniffing around but not ones they'd be willing to sell to. 

Ive still got absolutely no idea either who'd be interested in buying us, nor who would be good for us once they did buy us.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive still got absolutely no idea either who'd be interested in buying us, nor who would be good for us once they did buy us.

Was rumours that the lot sniffing about Raith(I think it was????) Moved onto sniffing about Saints. 

Thankfully nothing seems to have come of that if it was true. 

28 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Was rumours that the lot sniffing about Raith(I think it was????) Moved onto sniffing about Saints. 

Thankfully nothing seems to have come of that if it was true. 

If the stories that came out about them with Raith are true, im sure it wouldve been a very short conversation with the Browns about any deal.