Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

40 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Very much doubt it.

Went to Aberdeen who hadnt won in something like 8 games and made life very easy for them. 

Yeah. He's going to be in "must not lose" mode isn't he? 

Fwiw I still think Carey has plenty to offer us - he was great in the early part of the season but the enforced shift in to a DM position, where he is not suited at all, seems to have destroyed his confidence. 

Edited by John Bonham

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Yeah. He's going to be in "must not lose" mode isn't he? 

Play to not lose.

Get draw.

"Important to make sure teams below us dont catch us, thats the first priority. Now on a wee run with just 1 defeat in 4 matches which sets us up nicely for the last games before the split. We'll have a go at making the top half and see where it takes us"

1 hour ago, John Bonham said:

Fwiw I still think Carey has plenty to offer us - he was great in the early part of the season but the enforced shift in to a DM position, where he is not suited at all, seems to have destroyed his confidence. 

Cant remember what game it was he ended up getting booed in (Livingston at home?) but aye, hes struggled for a while now.

Hes still got good quality but needs to score/assist a handful of goals before the end of the season IMO. 3 goals and 1 assist isnt enough for someone of his standing, especially if he wants to be a starter.

3 hours ago, John Bonham said:

A young player losing a bit of confidence and needing a  bit of time and encouragement to recover it I understand.  Carey isn't a young player.  He's been poor for a while and needs punted. A crime that he's been getting more game time than  Spoony. 

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

A young player losing a bit of confidence and needing a  bit of time and encouragement to recover it I understand.  Carey isn't a young player.  He's been poor for a while and needs punted. A crime that he's been getting more game time than  Spoony. 

Yes but in the opportunities Spoony has had, has he taken them? It's a big no from me.

Should Spoony and Max/Murphy have had more opportunities? Yes.

Both statements are true and yet they seem to contradict each other, that's because Callum Davidsons version of an opportunity usually consists of being played out of position and at the wrong time in a game.

If only there was a set up we could play that would include more than one of our attacking midfielder/winger types, in a position that suits them, at a time.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Yes but in the opportunities Spoony has had, has he taken them? It's a big no from me.

Should Spoony and Max/Murphy have had more opportunities? Yes.

Both statements are true and yet they seem to contradict each other, that's because Callum Davidsons version of an opportunity usually consists of being played out of position and at the wrong time in a game.

Probably not.  But he's hardly had a kick since the Livingston game, whereas Carey seems to get loads of opportunities. 

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Probably not.  But he's hardly had a kick since the Livingston game, whereas Carey seems to get loads of opportunities. 

We're not privy to the goings on at training and what's been said in private, but one thing's for sure, if Callum has something against you(he probably won't tell you because he's a shitebag), he will put you out of the first team picture.

18 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

I see Crystal Palace are having to play a kid in goals tonight as they are down to the bare bones in numbers. Does Remi have a recall option or are we ok till the end of the season? 

They cant play Matthews until next season, so wont recall him.