Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Seen one of their fans claiming we were being salty about it. 

moreso we’ve watched clubs die when their sugar daddy dies and can’t believe no fan is seriously concerned with long term funding. 

Football fans being football fans. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ no one cares about Brophy. 

Their Messiah is being called out for complete hipocriscy.  "tHeYrE jUsT sAlTy."

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

I'm not sure we should be casting any stones at Ross county, given the money we've chucked at shite in terms of both fees and on wages, all whilst having the biggest squad I can ever remember us having and what must've been our highest paid manager ever. 

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm not sure we should be casting any stones at Ross county, given the money we've chucked at shite in terms of both fees and on wages, all whilst having the biggest squad I can ever remember us having and what must've been our highest paid manager ever. 

The key difference being it was accumulated cash used to spunk everywhere while Roy is personally bankrolling a multi million pound loss making business and saying '“I am hearing on the grapevine the other so-called community teams overspent, as we did, to try and get in there'' 

“I am hearing on the grapevine the other so-called community teams overspent, as we did, to try and get in there''  - Roy McGregor

Edited by Fife Saint

Maybe I'm the freak but it doesn't really bother me. County the football club are clearly overspending but the owner is someone who's in it for the long haul and is clearly good for it. He's been doing it on and off for years and it's shown to be sustainable whilst he's there. The comments in the press are a bit unnecessary and probably should've been challenged to be fair, but not so long ago the likes of Allan Preston was trying to claim Davidson wasn't backed in the market when he clearly was. Bit of a no win for the club owners sometimes I think

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes 70 years old.

Geoff is 80 and it wasn't so long ago a large chunk of our support had him coming back in full time to run the club. 

Been a while since I’ve felt so meh about the beginning of a season. Still early yet so I’m not at the bed wetting stage that some people appear to be at, but my god I’m finding it hard to get excited. Maybe that’ll change come Tuesday. 

8 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Been a while since I’ve felt so meh about the beginning of a season. Still early yet so I’m not at the bed wetting stage that some people appear to be at, but my god I’m finding it hard to get excited. Maybe that’ll change come Tuesday. 

Kind of where I am as well. I know we will sign players, it's nowhere near knickerwetting time, there's still months of the transfer window left. I'm actually enjoying no football at the minute. 

I'm not overly worried either. It's not like being wound up about it will make a blind bit of difference anyway. 

The only hope is those we do sign need to have been doing some fitness work before signing otherwise we could end up with the signings having to use the League Cup period to get up to fitness. 

21 hours ago, gingermunkie said:

I like Perth. It’s well positioned and on a nice day it’s pretty beautiful. It is well appointed for its size but it is absolutely not a city in any actually meaningful way.

An old bint in a hat with a bit of paper is no reasonable way to convey City status.

Would agree. I stay in Stirling and no way is it a City, trying to explain as to why it's a City to foreign folk is rather embarrassing.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Would agree. I stay in Stirling and no way is it a City, trying to explain as to why it's a City to foreign folk is rather embarrassing.

Yes because many foreign folk are going to randomly stop you in the centre of Stirling to ask why somewhere 30 miles away is a city. 

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Yes because many foreign folk are going to randomly stop you in the centre of Stirling to ask why somewhere 30 miles away is a city. 

I'm talking about Stirling, not Perth. And no folk don't randomly stop me and ask me that either but it has come up in conversation.