Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, The Saintee said:

St Mirren? WTF?

Aye weird example to use to the manager of a club who’ve finished top six in eight of the last twelve seasons (3 cups etc.). Especially when that manager was involved in the majority of those top half finishes. Most recent example, however. 

33 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think most realistic Saints fans see this, no doubt the banter page types will be calling for his head five games into the new season if it's not going well. Macca wasn't my first choice but you have to look at what he's doing, the way he wants to play, his interviews etc and they're light years ahead of what was before him.

Im still a bit split on thinking hes been launched into a near impossible job so just needs freedom from criticism this season to do the best he can, and thinking he was part of the previous regime so shouldnt be given that much leeway.

His interviews are great but we need actions to match them.

10 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

St Mirren? WTF?⁸

Enjoyed MacLean firing straight back with a mention of the cup double.

Now he's stopped talking about transitions, I do like the way Steven MacLean talks. Upfront and honest about our struggles to sign players, much like our last but one manager.

Seems to know what he wants though, much like our last but one manager. I certainly don't expect him to end up signing a dozen players when he's said he only wants four or five...

We need to get back to being a club that isn't easy prey for vultures. A club where players and their representatives don't see it as an easy pay day. We always managed to attract decent players without being big payers. We need that identity back after allowing it to be eroded over the past couple of years.

Ideally we'll be able to move Crawford and Bair on in some sort of arrangement and can boost another couple of areas as well as those identified by the manager.

Wasn't our previous wage structure based on a strong bonus structure?

Average at best standard with good win bonuses? Additional bonuses for making top 6 etc?

Edit: it seemed to attract the right kind of person who fitted in with existing squad and seemed to motivate them. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Any idea what kind of side you lot had out in yesterdays CD game?

You wouldn't reach double figures counting our fit senior outfield players with any modicum of experience, so mixed I'd guess...

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

On holiday abroad ... can't see any info on whether Saints TV are showing the Dunfermline game. 

Anyone know?

Been no mention of it being streamed by Dunfermline, yet, so would guess not as it stands.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Been no mention of it being streamed by Dunfermline, yet, so would guess not as it stands.

I'm sure I saw a tweet from Dunfermline saying it would be £12 for the stream 

edit: ignore me I'm being an idiot. It's the stenny game that's £12 for the stream 

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Well you were 100% correct in calling yourself an idiot. That is simply unacceptable.

The kind of incompetence that should've seen me on the St Johnstone payroll over the last couple of seasons 

So we're 13 days away from our first competitive game and from playing in one of the two tournaments we have any kind of chance of winning every season. What's our strongest, currently fit 11? I'd probably say: 

Sinclair 

McGowan Gordon Considine Gallacher

Macpherson Kucheriavyi 

Wright Ballantyne Carey 

May 

we've got Brown, Booth, Philips, Kane and Clark who could potentially come into that, and maybe Hallberg if he exhausts every other avenue and graces us with his presence again. 

Those 4 or 5 Maclean is looking to bring in pretty much all have to be starting quality. There are some decent players in there but even after 16 players have left, there's still dead wood in the squad. 

Is the manager back from the euro u21s yet? 

The barrel seems pretty empty in terms of proven quality if we're looking at free agents, to me.

Its going to be a selection of punts i reckon, and we'll just have to hope a handful of the new signings/youngsters are able to step up.

If its a shit season its a shit season, the club needs a proper reset and next Summer should see the last of the dregs punted. Making sure we dont commit to more shite should be the priority really.