Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Can half see why hes left an offer there, as where else are we getting a proven 27yo performer at this level? We probably need one with unprovens like Max/Ballantyne/Ferguson the alternatives.

But aye, its been long enough now and its not as if he was integral to what we done. Itll just take one of those 3 mentioned to break through to make Hallbergs (likely) big wage a mistake too.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Can half see why hes left an offer there, as where else are we getting a proven 27yo performer at this level? We probably need one with unprovens like Max/Ballantyne/Ferguson the alternatives.

But aye, its been long enough now and its not as if he was integral to what we done. Itll just take one of those 3 mentioned to break through to make Hallbergs (likely) big wage a mistake too.

I’m not confident in Ferguson breaking through yet, but wee Max What I’d imagine is close to, if not already there. I’d rather he gets an opportunity. 

Also, sounds like from the article well not be going back for Montgomery. Gallacher v Booth for the starting slot. Felt Gallacher did well until the leg break. 

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I’m not confident in Ferguson breaking through yet, but wee Max What I’d imagine is close to, if not already there. I’d rather he gets an opportunity. 

Also, sounds like from the article well not be going back for Montgomery. Gallacher v Booth for the starting slot. Felt Gallacher did well until the leg break. 

I think Ferguson will depend on if he bulks up (like May did one Summer) or not. If not he'll probably need another loan, if he has thought then i wouldnt rule him out.

Feel like a lot of things are going to be forced on MacLean. He probably would like another LB but budget wise can probably neither afford it or justify it. Its why missing out on Deas was such a bad one, as he could cover more than one position. 

Hello all,

First time post, don’t worry I don’t plan on using too many quotes!

Tough one regarding Melker, has shown he can be more than good enough in an advanced role but I feel like he’s had plenty time to make his decision! On the other hand we could pull the deal away and have a season of Crawford in the role..

Not been on here for a while. Hope everyone is well.
Might be alone in this but I’m quite happy Macca is taking his time with signings. Imagine the absolute dross Davidson, Flax and the football manager screenshots stevie grieve probably sneaked into Callum’s Filofax as scouting reports before he was chased out could have produced this summer.

Any of the players in the mould of Turner and  Deas probably wouldn’t have been targeted as they weren’t time served in the top league and would of had moves sorted well before Maclean took over.

Now I’ve said that can’t wait for the tweet announcing  2 year deals for Snodgrass  Mcgeady and Jim Butter in September 

Don't know much about Hallberg personally but believe his partner may have had a baby relatively recently. Is he potentially looking for a move back home?

You'd think that wouldn't be too difficult to find for him though.

Longer it goes on the longer it'll look like to our fans our deal is being used to persuade other offers to give him more £££.

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Not to sound like one of the banto types, but its a bit tinpot if we’re playing in last season’s kit tomorrow night…

If it was a deliberate choice to not be part of the churn of strips, it’d be commendable. As it is, it’s def tinpot adjacent.

2 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

If it was a deliberate choice to not be part of the churn of strips, it’d be commendable. As it is, it’s def tinpot adjacent.

It’s not something that gets me up or down (because I’m not a child), but we are a professional club after all and it’s less than two weeks until the competitive stuff begins

By all accounts, they were aware of the three-month waiting period when confirming their order. There’s no excuse for waiting so long to do that. They knew it would take until the end of July to receive the strips.

Alongside the lack of signing rumours + the fans still waiting to hear who the assistant manager is five weeks after the manager has been appointed, it continues to give off the impression that nobody within the club really gives a f**k about any aspect of it.

Edited by The Real Saints

37 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

For as long as I can remember Saints have worn the previous season’s kit in pre-season at least once, who cares…

Often see the debate about amongst fans whether or not a strip is horrible or nice. I'm just not fussed what they look like at all to be honest. 

I'm not the type of person who'll wear a football top and then therefore unlikely to buy it no matter the design. 

Each to their own though, if folk are going wear them they're obviously going to want it like it!

From a business perspective, yes they probably should be out but the financial outcome for Saints between it being out now or end of July will be negligible as if you're the kind who'll buy it, you'll buy it anyway. 

I wonder if by waiting later you get it slightly cheaper from the supplier as you're not getting priority during the manufacturers busiest period. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

34 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

For as long as I can remember Saints have worn the previous season’s kit in pre-season at least once, who cares…

Last season against Cove and maybe as far back as the Dyron Daal and John Stewart partnership are about the only 2 times I can remember us wearing the new kit in a friendly.

Always liked seeing it for the first time on the opening league game. 

57 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

Agree totally. Find it bizarre that grown adults get so annoyed about a football kit