Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

At Brechin now. Olly Hamilton away too, now at Jeanfield.

Youngsters who seem to highly thought, last i knew of, are Bailey Klimionek (CB), Scott Bright (LB), Joe Ellison (CM), Kodi McKinstray (CM), Ben McCrystal (W) and Jackson Mylchreest (ST).

They were all mentioned as being put into first team training this time last year and all seem to have deals until 2024. Assume we'll see them in the squad at least.

Any relation to Steve "the artist" bright?

I can see it now. 

Theo returns to Canada, scores for fun in the Canadian league and the Banterpage going wild saying he never got a chance. 

Just now, tree house tam said:

Is that the last one of the players signed by someone who plays football manager gone?

Experiment failed?

Gallacher. 

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Was he one of his? 

I think so, albeit maybe not exclusively. 

I actually think Gallacher will come good, in a similar way to Tanser did. He was unfortunate with his leg break since he was just coming onto some form and a bit of a game. We've never really seen him in a back 4, but he seems solid enough and maybe not the attacking threat of a wing back, so having someone ahead of him is possibly the best way for him to play. He's still young and can only really improve and lets face it the position is his as Booth isn't going to be seen any time soon in a top flight game.

Realistically we were never getting Montgomery back, as good as it would have been. Although I'm not sure that League 1 is any better than the Scottish Leagues, rather Celtic are just wanting to try him out in a different environment a bit like they did with Callum McGregor.

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Is that the last one of the players signed by someone who plays football manager gone?

Experiment failed?

I very much doubt Callum Davidson can turn on a computer, let alone play football manager 

43 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Experiment failed?

Callum Davidson? 

As shite as Grieves signings were Theo wasn’t one of them according to alistair Stevenson. 

Best for everyone really.

Bairs not going to make it here so punting him makes sense. Off the books and out the way. Squads thin now but how much impact was he actually going to have? Mylchreest as 4th choice might not even be much worse while being a lot cheaper.

Bair needs regular games too, so hopefully finds it at a more suitable level. 

You can tell Bair wasn’t a Grieve signing by the fact he got at least some game time.

Said it before but taking chances on the likes of Bair, Vertainan, Cleary and Mahon, is exactly how saints should be operating, but it really feels like we’ll not be seeing anything that adventurous for a while. 😕

1 hour ago, gingermunkie said:

You can tell Bair wasn’t a Grieve signing by the fact he got at least some game time.

Said it before but taking chances on the likes of Bair, Vertainan, Cleary and Mahon, is exactly how saints should be operating, but it really feels like we’ll not be seeing anything that adventurous for a while. 😕

Thank f**k

19 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Thank f**k

:lol:

I think Cleary could've worked out okay, he was a fucking idiot but you could've worked on that. The other three were pish and that's me being kind. No doubt someone will be along to say Mahon was okay for a half against Inverness and that's true but this efforts in the cup were fucking scandalous. Good riddance to them all.