Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Going to he interesting to see where Smith fits in. He seems to have a pretty even split of appearances between DM, CM and AM when you look at Transfermarkt, which also shows he never got a chance at all under Mark Jackson last season.

You look at Carey and Wright and they seem decent options but we need to get them on the ball in better areas and that maybe needs to come from central midfield.

Ballantyne made 6 passes in the opposition half, Phillips only one more than that. That's very, very little service. Alex Lowry made only one less on his own in about 35 minutes. We need someone who can get on the ball and find our creative players. That then hopefully brings more out of Phillips and McGowan.

I’d rather lose 2-0 chasing an equaliser than lose 1-0 doing nothing but park the bus after conceding. 

As others have said, there’s roots there, there’s something to work with. We just need to get up top sorted and the link up. Starting with this winger this week. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I’d rather lose 2-0 chasing an equaliser than lose 1-0 doing nothing but park the bus after conceding. 

As others have said, there’s roots there, there’s something to work with. We just need to get up top sorted and the link up. Starting with this winger this week. 

Did we have any chances after they scored their first? Can’t say I seen us really chasing the equaliser. The manager would’ve altered his subs and went with two strikers if he wanted to chase it. Infuriating that it took a full 5 minutes for Jephcott and smith to get ready to come on and in that time Oda scored 

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Did we have any chances after they scored their first?

Max and McGowan both had blocked shots, and think we got a small chance from a set play, but nothing worth mentioning.

Hearts went up a gear after their subs and the gulf became huge. We looked like a lower league side just trying to live with it for a long while and the goal was inevitable.

We'll see a lot this season, especially early on against the stronger sides, while the manager gets to grips with an ever changing squad and the squad gets to grip with each other and the league. 

County game should be a better gauge of where we are compared to teams around us.

52 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Did we have any chances after they scored their first? Can’t say I seen us really chasing the equaliser. The manager would’ve altered his subs and went with two strikers if he wanted to chase it. Infuriating that it took a full 5 minutes for Jephcott and smith to get ready to come on and in that time Oda scored 

I thought that first half we were on the front foot but going in level at half time the instructions were to camp in a bit and play for the point. Seemed to me that we sat noticably deeper after the break. First half looked promising in bits but for the most part the second half felt more like Davidsonball.

We can point to injuries, new players having lack of time with the squad but so can Hearts.

As others have said, clearly a work in progress and I think we should be prepared to be bottom, or at least bottom 3 until maybe even end October. I'm hoping e start to see something more coherent after the international break.

On a different note after being initially excited about Jephcott I think the jury is very much out. Of the new recruits, McClelland looks a prospect, and that's a few games where Ballantyne has looked very average. Smith will surely take his starting place as of next week.

I think with Jephcott we're not really going to see anything of what he can do until we manage to start getting some kind of worthwhile service into the box. Drey Wright put in one superb ball in the first half that was the exact kind of thing Jephcott, in theory, should thrive on. Unfortunately he was sat on the bench at that point.

He's advertised as a penalty box striker who gets on the end of crosses etc - if we're going to get anything out of him we need to get in those positions.

1 minute ago, Steve McQueen said:

Has anyone got the season ticket to stay loaded on their app?

Had to turn on data & reload every time so far.

Is a screenshot ok?

Screenshot works and that’s what I’ve been using 

Just now, Steve McQueen said:

Has anyone got the season ticket to stay loaded on their app?

Had to turn on data & reload every time so far.

Is a screenshot ok?

I took a physical card but believe screenshot is fine as know someone who had a panic in car park when app wouldn't work, but had luckily already taken a photo.

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Screenshot works and that’s what I’ve been using 

2 minutes ago, Radford said:

I took a physical card but believe screenshot is fine as know someone who had a panic in car park when app wouldn't work, but had luckily already taken a photo.

Thanks

Guy in front of me was having trouble with his & it was pissing down.

Edited by Steve McQueen

23 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

Right @RandomGuy. hit us with some suitable wingers to get us excited. 

*shrugs*

Not sure any of the list I get at a quick glance is still available

wingers.png.516de83f5fa443b1e27f21773a8ffa32.png

... but that doesn't show players under contract which the likes of Matt Smith would've been in my database, so the pool is bigger than I can see.

Just now, Center half said:

Is that  Jack Grealish look a like Logan Chalmers on that list???

£300,000??? i thought he was still at Tanadump??? 

He is aye, it shows you who they played for that season, so Ayr is shown as he was on loan there. Values come from Transfermarkt which are sketchy, at best, but can help filter a bit as you can remove the mega-stars easy when looking at U21s etc.

Suspect his lack of defensive work would rule him out, but even the he looks like a Championship winger? Scores are relative to that division and his club.

chalmers.thumb.png.d3551ba52165f115e3630ded044b0517.png

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He is aye, it shows you who they played for that season, so Ayr is shown as he was on loan there. Values come from Transfermarkt which are sketchy, at best, but can help filter a bit as you can remove the mega-stars easy when looking at U21s etc.

Suspect his lack of defensive work would rule him out, but even the he looks like a Championship winger? Scores are relative to that division and his club.

chalmers.thumb.png.d3551ba52165f115e3630ded044b0517.png

Definitely not top league standard, would have thought he would get a chance this season in the championship, think he played a top end of championship last two years?  Inverness and Ayr i think !

Just seeing his name there and i thought they were free agents that was all i still thought he was at United!    

Just now, Center half said:

Definitely not top league standard, would have thought he would get a chance this season in the championship, think he played a top end of championship last two years?  Inverness and Ayr i think !

Just seeing his name there and i thought they were free agents that was all i still thought he was at United!    

Seen Ayr fans wanting him back, so might be where he ends up.

Its filtered to look for players who were out on loan last season now, as all the obvious out of contract ones are virtually gone. Its not a perfect system anyway, some loaned players don't show as loanees while some out of contract ones dont show as out of contract.