Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The guy who seems to be genuinely ITK on WAP has referenced it a few times too.

Add in the fact it came out before his injury was announced, and it feels a bit compelling.

Ive zero doubt Kane isnt/hasnt told the club about it though and is claiming it was when he was out running.

11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I know everyone's feeling negative but not sure the mental gymnastics is going to help you any 😂

The manager said Costello is fast...

You know who else they said was fast? Theo Bair.

Theo Bair was was shite so Costello could also be shite? 🤷‍♂️

He might be shite he might not be. 🤷‍♂️😂

10 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Exactly. I've no idea whether they'll be good enough or not. Hard to believe all the young lads will all step up to form a team up to the standard but what do I know? 🤷‍♂️ 

Time will tell!

My post was about Macca saying he is up there with our fastest players which i found amusing ( Only player i would say has real pace is Drey Wright and i would doubt he will be running full pelt with his injury just now so who would he be up against)! Nothing about anyones ability! being a saints fan as you should know most of our better performers over the years have been in the the lesser pace mould!       

I don’t have any qualms keeping Considine around as an option from the bench. Liam Parker is just too lightweight at this moment to be reliable as an option. 

However, Crawford and Booth are the likeliest candidates I’d say to get their jotters. 

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Loads of players at all levels have kick abouts out of work. Not all players who've been out for a year with a career threatening injury have kick abouts with boys from down the pub.

It says a lot about Saints at the minute that Chris Kane is deemed important enough to just brush it under the carpet. I remember a time when Saints sacked their star player for an alleged incident of gross misconduct.... 

Now there is an angle to use to get rid of a few Tam! Get a injured players party organised to lift their spirits!    

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

Jay Turner-Cooke is available for Saturday so he's clearly signed now too. Guessing the media team haven't had the chance to record him bursting into the centenary suite and downing a pint yet, so will only be announced when that's done. 

I have no idea how the Robinson one hasn’t went viral, groundbreaking creative work. 

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

Jay Turner-Cooke is available for Saturday so he's clearly signed now too. Guessing the media team haven't had the chance to record him bursting into the centenary suite and downing a pint yet, so will only be announced when that's done. 

I was surprised Macca was so open about him being in the door before anything official was said.

I wonder if maybe Graeme Jones put in a good word about Saints/Perth with him.

Him and Costelloe, I think, are probably players who will be here to kick on at their current clubs. The others are guys probably putting themselves in the shop window in the way James Brown was.

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Poundland?

Well, we signed him on the back of his loan....

Young loans from England are always a risk, but some are clearly more advanced than others. Maddison to Aberdeen for example wasn't one where it was a case of try before you buy for Aberdeen as he was very highly rated and the loan further proved that. James Wilson went there in a similar position and the loan proved he would never make it.

James Brown or even Darnell Fisher going back a bit are loan players who had no chance of breaking through at their parent clubs and so, unless they were phenomenal on loan, it was always a case of showing to the loaning club or others, what they can do.

I'd put JTC in the first bucket, in that he may still make it at Newcastle, similar with Costelloe at Burnley. As a result you'd expect a better standard or player but also one who is very keen to impress. Flip is that they might half arse challenges so as not to get an injury. 

53 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Well, we signed him on the back of his loan....

Young loans from England are always a risk, but some are clearly more advanced than others. Maddison to Aberdeen for example wasn't one where it was a case of try before you buy for Aberdeen as he was very highly rated and the loan further proved that. James Wilson went there in a similar position and the loan proved he would never make it.

James Brown or even Darnell Fisher going back a bit are loan players who had no chance of breaking through at their parent clubs and so, unless they were phenomenal on loan, it was always a case of showing to the loaning club or others, what they can do.

I'd put JTC in the first bucket, in that he may still make it at Newcastle, similar with Costelloe at Burnley. As a result you'd expect a better standard or player but also one who is very keen to impress. Flip is that they might half arse challenges so as not to get an injury. 

Then we went and signed him anyway 🤣

3 hours ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Quite interesting seeing the names folk reckon have been told that are surplus to requirements and nobody has mentioned Ballantine. Only thing that apparently rules him out is that he can’t really be described as experienced 

I've equated 'senior' which is the word Maclean used as experienced. Perhaps incorrectly, but has Ballantyne not started every game so far? 

Ballantyne feels like he'll get more chances than he maybe merits as he seemed to do so well for MacLean last season.

Suspect hes relatively cheap too.

36 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Then we went and signed him anyway 🤣

I completely forgot this happened so went and looked him up. He was there for that long?!