Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Definitely the case. You only have to see the joy amongst other clubs’ supporters on here as we looked to be dead certs for relegation. Expect they’ll all be back if we go on another poor run.

Have to say it’s very understated in Scottish football how big a failure clubs like Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts are. With their supports and budgets, for all three of them to win so little for so long is an achievement in itself. No one’s realistically expecting them to challenge for a title or anything, but surely they could stand up to the OF in a cup semi or final once in a while?!

Since we’ve been back in the top division, the 15 year non-OF roll of honour is:

St Johnstone    3

Inverness CT    1

Ross County     1

Kilmarnock       1

Dundee Utd      1

Aberdeen          1

Hearts                1

Hibs                    1

st Mirren            1

Especially when Hearts & Hibs have both been relegated during that period. Hearts twice.

23 minutes ago, Saint DBL said:

That tweet from saints regarding season tickets getting priority for hearts seems to have rattled hearts fans for some reason.

Fair enough one boys riled them up but the actually tweet just seems to be giving some basic information.

Hearts fans since 2014 have had a massive chip on their shoulder. I blame it on the fan ownership model and the superiority complex they’ve developed from that. 

Itll be even better after we beat them too.

A shitehouse St Johnstone manager, heading to Edinburgh to play a "big" team that actually bang average, their fan base expecting a 3/4 goal victory.

We all know how this ends.

4 hours ago, Saint DBL said:

That tweet from saints regarding season tickets getting priority for hearts seems to have rattled hearts fans for some reason.

Fair enough one boys riled them up but the actually tweet just seems to be giving some basic information.

I went into their thread and asked why Hearts fans were so touchy about the tweet from Saints...

A couple of them proceeded to get very touchy about the fact I asked stating Hearts fans are absolutely not touchy about it at all. One even claimied me  simply asking the question was one of the biggest waste's of time he'd ever seen. 

They didn't answer the question though 😂

Tribalism in football is hilarious. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

10 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Aye, most amusing. Noticed they still haven’t answered when it happened. 

Suspect itll be in 11/12 hes claiming it happened, a 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

We didnt have a poppy on while playing on November 11th.

Hearts fans acting very Old-firmy in their response to that tweet, is it supposed to be some sort of achievement that a team from Edinburgh has a much larger support than a team from Perth? I suppose that’s all they’ve got considering we’ve put them to shame on the pitch and in the boardroom in the last 10+ years.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect itll be in 11/12 hes claiming it happened, a 1-1 draw at Parkhead.

We didnt have a poppy on while playing on November 11th.

13 years ago, before poppies on shirts were commonplace and footballers would regularly partake in a minute silence with nothing else occurring. 

51 minutes ago, mizfit said:

anyone else read this nonsense today? 

I know you're just posting what this guy has posted but see this poppy wanking crowd. They're up there with the most pathetic cretins on the planet. 

The general feeling on it even if true, whoooo cares. It's a football kit. It's not as much of a gotcha that the guy thinks it is!

It does not matter one bit whether it has a poppy on it or not. It's not law, you do not have to wear a poppy and no one including footballers should be forced to wear one just to appease others. 

If you want to wear one, cool. If you don't, cool. It doesn't matter. The narrative that someone doesn't have one on should be stoned to death is just very tiresome and needs to stop.

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

13 years ago, before poppies on shirts were commonplace and footballers would regularly partake in a minute silence with nothing else occurring. 

Aye. Thats the only game i can think of thats relevant though.

I get that it’s to ease fixture congestion later in December (I’m guessing that’s the reason?), but I wonder how many we’ll lose off the crowd for that move?

For as long as I can remember, games during December up to Christmas had poor crowds, yet the period between Christmas and new year saw big increases as people are home for the holiday period/ off work and looking for something to do etc.

A few years ago we started cramming matches into December and then binned the new year game altogether. Thankfully the jan 1st or 2nd fixture was reinstated and the winter break starts after it.

The fixture list is a shambles these days though. You just want to go along to a game at the weekend, with occasional midweek fixtures, yet now you get the stop start pattern like this season:  2 fixtures in October, 4 in November then pack in 7 in the month of December to then take a winter break because everyone’s tired …

The change of date doesn’t bother me so I’m not affected and don’t mind it. I can totally understand why the clubs have done it though, it eases the very busy period and gives the players a little more time off over Xmas and new year to spend with their families which from a morale point of view is probably a good thing. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Itll be even better after we beat them too.

A shitehouse St Johnstone manager, heading to Edinburgh to play a "big" team that actually bang average, their fan base expecting a 3/4 goal victory.

We all know how this ends.

🤣

We've scored about 0.5 goals at home all season.

Do we have two weeks of this pish to look forward to?

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Do we have two weeks of this pish to look forward to?

If you plan on taking every comment about Hearts fans personally then id imagine you will, yes.