Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, derektaylor84 said:

Did Preston do a deal to avoid paying a sell on fee in the Stevie May deal? 

Wednesday certainly manipulated the sale to Preston to avoid the sell on clause. Steve Brown discussed it way back in the first fan forum (the same day May finally signed back at Saints from Aberdeen funnily enough).

It went along the lines that Preston paid Wednesday a sum (around £1m I think) which triggered a sell-on clause for May.  But Wednesday also threw in some wee haddy youth team player and claimed he was costing £50k or whatever so the fee for May didn’t hit the sell on trigger, as they’d only been paid £950k (or whatever the sum was, for May).

Presumably Preston go along with it as they benefit from paying slightly less.

Brown reckoned we were stitched up, but were now wiser to the fact, and future sell on clauses wouldn’t allow players thrown in etc to enable this to happen.

8 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The Preston version of Eric Nicholson was pretty clear about there being no clauses. So someone is at the capers.

The reported it as being a "sell on clause related to profits", but there being no clauses related to appearances/performances.

Fee paid £1.25m according to them too.

So we really need them to sell him for £2m+ at some point.

You look at the divergence in careers with Ali McCann and Lewis Ferguson. McCann was ahead of Ferguson on most key non-goal stats. Ali now rotting away in a shite town in the north of England while Ferguson is treated as a god in Emilia-Romagna.

12 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

You look at the divergence in careers with Ali McCann and Lewis Ferguson. McCann was ahead of Ferguson on most key non-goal stats. Ali now rotting away in a shite town in the north of England while Ferguson is treated as a god in Emilia-Romagna.

Lewis Ferguson - not the best footballer but determined and bright enough to embrace another country and culture.

Ali McCann - not the best footballer, enticed by money and mediocrity and about as bright as Barry Ferguson.

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Wednesday certainly manipulated the sale to Preston to avoid the sell on clause. Steve Brown discussed it way back in the first fan forum (the same day May finally signed back at Saints from Aberdeen funnily enough).

It went along the lines that Preston paid Wednesday a sum (around £1m I think) which triggered a sell-on clause for May.  But Wednesday also threw in some wee haddy youth team player and claimed he was costing £50k or whatever so the fee for May didn’t hit the sell on trigger, as they’d only been paid £950k (or whatever the sum was, for May).

Presumably Preston go along with it as they benefit from paying slightly less.

Brown reckoned we were stitched up, but were now wiser to the fact, and future sell on clauses wouldn’t allow players thrown in etc to enable this to happen.

We did something similar when we signed Billy Dodds. Grant McMartin was thrown into the deal and Dundee avoided a sell on fee to Chelsea or certainly it was a reduced fee as a result. 

So, with Callum agreeing to the Queen’s Park move are we going to have more money to spend? I presume we’ve been paying his wages this whole time. 

7 minutes ago, mizfit said:

So, with Callum agreeing to the Queen’s Park move are we going to have more money to spend? I presume we’ve been paying his wages this whole time. 

Im sure it was reported he'd waived that, but i cant find it.

19 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I'm feeling hopeful that we'll bring a good support to Airdrie. Be good to bring at least 1k.

Are the hanger ons making an appearance?

Or are they watching their second Scottish side, first English side or their German or Italian side that day?

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Hopefully not. Fingers crossed we'll be receiving big-money bids for Ali Crawford and Cammy MacPherson in the next couple of days.

Crawford might go but MacPherson is out injured for the rest of the season.

47 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Crawford might go but MacPherson is out injured for the rest of the season.

All the more likely we’ll receive a bid, if he’s not learned anything, then. 

If he asks for Brown, MacPherson, and/or Crawford i wouldnt even be asking for a fee. Just get them gone and dont risk the move falling apart.