Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

More what seemed over thinking things from our management. 

Struggling to understand the logic of playing Smith on the left when Carey came on. It's not like he's going to cut inside and shoot etc. He really seemed uncomfortable. 

As for the game. Horrific. 18 added minutes required in total. Referee with zero ability to control the nonsense and gamesmanship. 

So... The pitch - it's bad! It makes an already at times tough watch even tougher. 

I'm not going to pile in on the groundsman and question his role because I know next to nothing about maintaining football pitches so I've no idea what's to blame. 

We've got a number of weeks now between the next home game. If there's some warmer weather hopefully that'll improve it..

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

The thing with the pitch now is that it’s only used for about 22 first team games seems to be in worse condition than when the reserves and youths played on it as well. 

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

So... The pitch - it's bad! It makes an already at times tough watch even tougher. 

I'm not going to pile in on the groundsman and question his role because I know next to nothing about maintaining football pitches so I've no idea what's to blame. 

We've got a number of weeks now between the next home game. If there's some warmer weather hopefully that'll improve it..

Would help if he didn’t drive his tractor across it all the time. 

Another VAR mistake at McDiarmid today. 

Looked handball live from Devlin in the first half. Without question after seeing the replay confirms it. He jumps up and smashes the ball away from Clarks head with his arm. 

Ignored by VAR... 

6 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Another VAR mistake at McDiarmid today. 

Looked handball live from Devlin in the first half. Without question after seeing the replay confirms it. He jumps up and smashes the ball away from Clarks head with his arm. 

Ignored by VAR... 

I’d put a good amount of money on them having checked the wrong handball. 

While he’s no Danny Swanson, Carey is without doubt our only “Quality” outfield player in the side. His first touch and delivery can’t be matched by any other player IMO, yet the manager still can’t field him from the start. 
Clearly shows that it’s going to be shitfest for the remainder of the season. 

30 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

While he’s no Danny Swanson, Carey is without doubt our only “Quality” outfield player in the side. His first touch and delivery can’t be matched by any other player IMO, yet the manager still can’t field him from the start. 
Clearly shows that it’s going to be shitfest for the remainder of the season. 

Tbf he’s started 11 - and played the full 90 for 9 - of the 15 games Levein has been in charge for. 

Aye saying Levein hasnt used Carey is just wrong, tbh.

Not 100% sure why he didnt play v Aberdeen but it was highly unlikely much was ever changing between that line up and yesterdays.

You probably hope we'll end up replacing Matt Smith with Carey and keeping the shape the same, and then Jaiyesimi with Wright, as the season progresses.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye saying Levein hasnt used Carey is just wrong, tbh.

Not 100% sure why he didnt play v Aberdeen but it was highly unlikely much was ever changing between that line up and yesterdays.

You probably hope we'll end up replacing Matt Smith with Carey and keeping the shape the same, and then Jaiyesimi with Wright, as the season progresses.

Not the Wright we saw latterly, even when he won POTY there wasn’t much to beat!

15 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Not the Wright we saw latterly, even when he won POTY there wasn’t much to beat!

Potentially neither will be here next season as well. 

Jaiyesimi almost certainly won't be. I'd like Wright to get fit and then earn another deal but if he suffers another setback and misses the remainder of this season then he may not get an offer, if he did it would be on much reduced terms. He might decide at that point as well that it's time to head back south. 

Little harsh on his poty. He scored quite a few important goals for us from wing back. 

17 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Think hes just the best we have at taking someone on at pace. Jaiyesimi seems like he'd rather play his way past someone.

Just pure person preference but think you want both types on the pitch on opposite sides.

So for me Wright would always start, then you pick one from Jaiyesimi and Carey.

Why i hope Taylor Steven sticks around next season. Id be tempted to have Carey and Steven as back ups with 2 new wingers brought in.

On 02/03/2024 at 22:05, mizfit said:

Would help if he didn’t drive his tractor across it all the time. 

49 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Five weeks apart

4CB49F02-CF1C-4EB0-A0E3-79D672A46781.jpeg

D15187F3-DA32-442B-AF4E-2BEEC7AF2A4E.jpeg

Someone buy him a hand push mower. Well, I hope it's a case of he doesn't have one v being too lazy to use it. 

Does look like the weather has been mild it's needed cut and it's been done with the wee tractor thing like Mizfit mentioned. 

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Someone buy him a hand push mower. Well, I hope it's a case of he doesn't have one v being too lazy to use it. 

Does look like the weather has been mild it's needed cut and it's been done with the wee tractor thing like Mizfit mentioned. 

Have we not got growing lamps too. If nothing else, the goalmouth should be getting them used on them. 

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Have we not got growing lamps too. If nothing else, the goalmouth should be getting them used on them. 

Im sure i read someone saying they tipped over and broke before they ever got used at some point. 

31 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im sure i read someone saying they tipped over and broke before they ever got used at some point. 

I used to see them on the pitch when I was playing football up there midweek a few years ago. 

Don't know how they got broken but they're lying smashed up around the North End stand side of the training pitch or at least were until recently.