Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I've had a rush of optimism this morning and it scares me.

15 hours ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Jesus wept. He thinks we can’t be more attacking than we were on Wednesday night . If that is true then we are fucked

I’m hoping he meant in the team selection and line up rather than the way the match panned out. To be fair, on paper it does look quite an attacking line up for us.

His interviews are strange to me. He’s so guarded and it’s like he just can’t or won’t put any emotion into it. The journalist even fed him a question about hoping for a big away support and Levein just kind of brushed past it when that was a great opportunity for a rousing speech about how we need as many fans as possible to turn up and back the side, help the players get the result we need etc.

He certainly doesn’t go out of his way to alleviate some folks belief that he can’t be arsed and is just going through the motions.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Thomson just chucks out alternative options to be edgey or something. 

Convinced I've never seen a Saints fan agree with him. 

He also works for The Sun. 

but, but, but group stage football would’ve relegated them!!!!! We’re about to get relegated, after our third successive relegation battle, anyway. At least a few trips abroad and the memories that brings with it would’ve been nice. 

Edited by PSJ.84

12 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Thomson suggesting that we should field a weakened side tomorrow to prepare ourselves for the play-offs, Nicholson saying we should be grateful that we won’t have to travel to Inverness in the Championship next season. What a weird pair.

Travelling to Inverness was literally the best thing about the championship. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've had a rush of optimism this morning and it scares me.

You previously said that the best thing would be to get relegated and start again.  So when you say you’ve had “a rush of optimism” do you mean you think you’ll end up 10th or 11th?

4 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

He also works for The Sun. 

but, but, but group stage football would’ve relegated them!!!!! We’re about to get relegated, after our third successive relegation battle, anyway. At least a few trips abroad and the memories that brings with it would’ve been nice. 

And over 6M Euros would've sweetened the blow.

Going by social media the venn diagram of people who defended Davidson to the bitter end, and those who claim our demise was inevitable and nothing could prevent it, is virtually a circle.

You can draw your own conclusions.

It should never have come to this but the relief is quite something. Everything was on the line today and finally they stepped up. 
Time to take action. Complete the takeover, remove the management team, revamp the squad, and give us a team worth watching again. 
Also, get it right up the gloating Dundee fans, we’ll see you next season

So .. Levein in or Levein out?

I’m on the fence but, as I imagine many won’t make the case for him, would say he deserves a lot of credit for his first January transfer window. Sidibeh and Kimpioka’s goals kept us up.

I suspect he stays on unless he himself has decided he can’t be arsed anymore.

I'd prefer he went but it's pretty clear he's staying. He's talking about, if we'd been safe, he'd have had half a dozen signed up already. Hopefully means there's players already agreed and just contingent on us staying up. 

I think, regardless of Levein, we have to get behind the club and the new owner. The manager looks like he'll remain but the squad will undoubtedly be turned over a lot and hopefully the new owner gives us the drive and structure we so desperately need. 

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Congratulations Saints fans, in particular to RandomGuy. 

All that being said, you won't be needing Chris Kane, Mon eh? 

Just keep him away from the 5s pitches.

Yeah I'd rather Levein went too, but it feels like he's staying.

Hopefully his signings this Summer are more Sidibeh than Smith.

On Levein, I'd prefer him gone but to be fair to him he has been working with a shit show of a squad, hardly any money to change it and he's still brought in a few decent players. I could see how a new owner might want to keep him, I can also see why every man and his dug wants rid of him.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

On Levein, I'd prefer him gone but to be fair to him he has been working with a shit show of a squad, hardly any money to change it and he's still brought in a few decent players. I could see how a new owner might want to keep him, I can also see why every man and his dug wants rid of him.

Pretty much where I am too. There are massive red flags around substitutions etc. but he’s also been dealt a pretty shite hand. If he’s punted then I’m happy, if he stays then I can live with it.

Levein's signings kept us in the league after half the team had given up and with the bloat of Christmases past stinking up the joint. Rebuild, clear out the stables, and we're cooking again.