Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

21 minutes ago, GorbalsMags said:

Big Eric in the Courier saying Mitov is one of the best single-season contributors to Saints ever, performance-wise, begs an interesting question. If he isn't, who is?

I would argue most consequential ever in our history is Shaun Rooney for the cup final goals in the double season, but his general play wasn't that outstanding especially in his second season. Sandaza getting 23 goals in 27 must be up there in the modern era in terms of outstanding individual performances. Anyone else?

Except Fran Sandaza didn't score that number of goals, he only got 14 in the league and another 4 in the cups. So that would be 18 in 31 games, which was still very impressive, but Stevie May's 27 goal contribution 2013/14 is better in my opinion. 

45 minutes ago, GorbalsMags said:

if we can get more than we got for Ali McCann then I'm happy enough.

Not a chance. 

Not even sure we’d get the seven figures you said earlier. 

Just now, Widge said:

Except Fran Sandaza didn't score that number of goals, he only got 14 in the league and another 4 in the cups. So that would be 18 in 31 games, which was still very impressive, but Stevie May's 27 goal contribution 2013/14 is better in my opinion. 

image.png.3b6e79eb16d6d3bf861943e7cd49ac05.pngimage.png.43cd3eb7edc5f0a8df5edf77d08078d7.png

Had to double check this because I was sure and... what on Earth has happened here?

Just now, 1GregStewart said:

7 figure fee for a St Johnstone player? Wasn’t expecting that chat when reading this thread. Next you will all be wanting the saviour Levein to stay. 

It's been known to happen!

25 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Yeah although the current team is dreadful. 

Agreed, and we've managed to stay up, pretty much because we have a magnificent goalkeeper. 

we won't get 7 figures but he's more than good enough to get that kind of fee with a long contract and, frankly, with a club who doesn't sell the family silver for buttons. 

50 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Congrats on avoiding playoffs.

A stressful week for County but truth is we deserve to be in playoffs - had a few decisive games that would have saved us but didn't take the chances. 

Your interim  manager is a credit to your club with the professional manner in which he dealt with knowing you were the number 11 tram and in the playoff.  First words of his interview was to congratulate Saints and Craig Levein.

Compare that to Mr Murray at Raith who waffled on recently about the normal order and teams like Saints should not be in Premier League - 16th year coming up Mr Murray.  This from a man who could not hack it at St Mirren and has found his level at 1st division and championship level.  Just hope he gets the Hibs job.

So good luck in the two matches - at least uncle Roy has you playing on grass.

We won't get £1m for Mitov. There's a spate of decent keepers available for nothing every summer so they won't hit 7 figures for a 27yo from St Johnstone.

I think there's a real chance its worth our while keeping him another 12 months and letting him go for nothing, rather than taking ~£400k this Summer and adding a quality keeper to the needed list.

39 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Your interim  manager is a credit to your club with the professional manner in which he dealt with knowing you were the number 11 tram and in the playoff.  First words of his interview was to congratulate Saints and Craig Levein.

Compare that to Mr Murray at Raith who waffled on recently about the normal order and teams like Saints should not be in Premier League - 16th year coming up Mr Murray.  This from a man who could not hack it at St Mirren and has found his level at 1st division and championship level.  Just hope he gets the Hibs job.

So good luck in the two matches - at least uncle Roy has you playing on grass.

That’s the second time I’ve read this on here. Is this interview available to watch/read anywhere?

6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

That’s the second time I’ve read this on here. Is this interview available to watch/read anywhere?

You’ll get the full show on BBC Sounds/Spotify etc as well. 

IMG_2775.jpeg