Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

I agree with nearly all of that. The exception being the 4-0 semi defeat to Aberdeen.  I don't think we were awful that day.  I remember thinking we were really unlucky to be 2 down at half time. It was just one of those days and you knew that with that team we would bounce back. I miss that team.

Aye every time they came forward they scored.

I'm still half convinced it's a different game if Mannus plays, mind you.

If you really want rid of McPherson, have you considered giving him a one year deal then loaning him out to a club with more money than sense? Recall him at Christmas then they'll panic and pay you a transfer fee for him.

Honestly, it's a great laugh.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If you really want rid of McPherson, have you considered giving him a one year deal then loaning him out to a club with more money than sense? Recall him at Christmas then they'll panic and pay you a transfer fee for him.

Not even sure that's one of Davidson's top 5 brain farts. A sackable offence for all involved at our end all the same.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Not even sure that's one of Davidson's top 5 brain farts. A sackable offence for all involved at our end all the same.

Thought he did well on Sunday.

47 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's karma for the Richard Brittain signing from county a few years back by Saints.

As others have said, it's not even our most bizarre fee paying signing by the clowns running the club at the time. 'Accidently' signing a player for a fee trumps it. Even more expensive to boot! 

Theres a strong argument that spending money on a player we could buy for free was the best money Davidson spent.

47 minutes ago, Broughty said:

Thought he did well on Sunday.

He was OK. Nothing better.  And for three seasons he has either been injured or pish. The guy needs punted.

FWIW Dundee United fans seem to really rate McClelland. Genuinely interested to see how he looks in a side thats not a mess now.

Mitov

RB - McClelland - CB - LB

Wright - Sprangler - CM - LM

Sidibeh - Clark

Subs: Sinclair, McGowan, Keltjens, Gallacher, Smith, Franczak, Max, May, Kimpioka

Be that bad a base starting point? Can sort of focus on the defence and match winners that way?

Ideally you maybe purge the bench a bit more but it might be worth another year of lack of depth if we can just have some stability to build something from again?

Tell you what will be missed from this season…

the strips.

Have to say that’s amongst the best 3 strip seasons we’ve had in terms of all being fairly decent.  Back to traditional white shorts with the home top though please.  Sad to see that black third strip go, think it was fairly lucky for us, wins at Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell wearing it. 

IMG_9720.jpeg.db6595f51e7835d1459d925a4862b3ed.jpegIMG_9727.webp.cb32f131a5f02a2fcef79c813c497607.webpIMG_9726.jpeg.e10ea401207c94f0567410b78551ee06.jpeg

6 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

All I want to see is someone with a plan, I always felt with Tommy Wright he had a plan to win the game. Sometimes it was utterly awful,  the Aberdeen semi final sticks in the mind where we lost 4-0 and also I'm sure we were 5-0 down to Celtic at HT once, but more often than not I could understand what the plan was, I knew the players would give it all to make it happen and it was enjoyable to see that play out.

I remember that Celtic game. Tommy had been taking stick for going all defensive each time we played one of the big two.

He said in pre match interviews that the fans would finally get their way and he would go for it from the start. Obviously feeling that by being 5-0 down at half time, he'd more than proved his point about going defensive, he reverted to his normal setup in the second half and we only lost one more goal. Despite Swanson getting sent off just after he was subbed on. Forrest got four that day I'm sure, a bad day all round.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Tell you what will be missed from this season…

the strips.

Have to say that’s amongst the best 3 strip seasons we’ve had in terms of all being fairly decent.  Back to traditional white shorts with the home top though please.  Sad to see that black third strip go, think it was fairly lucky for us, wins at Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell wearing it. 

IMG_9720.jpeg.db6595f51e7835d1459d925a4862b3ed.jpegIMG_9727.webp.cb32f131a5f02a2fcef79c813c497607.webpIMG_9726.jpeg.e10ea401207c94f0567410b78551ee06.jpeg

Does the third kit need to go? I'm sure we've kept thirds for a bit longer than one season in the past. We also didn't get this one until nearly Christmas.

I think it's a great looking kit, helped by the fact that we always seem to play well in it.

Agree totally with a return to white shorts next year though, and hopefully white socks as well.

21 minutes ago, Gekko said:

Does the third kit need to go? I'm sure we've kept thirds for a bit longer than one season in the past. We also didn't get this one until nearly Christmas.

I think it's a great looking kit, helped by the fact that we always seem to play well in it.

Agree totally with a return to white shorts next year though, and hopefully white socks as well.

Probably depends on whether or not the sponsor changes.

7 hours ago, Gekko said:

I remember that Celtic game. Tommy had been taking stick for going all defensive each time we played one of the big two.

He said in pre match interviews that the fans would finally get their way and he would go for it from the start. Obviously feeling that by being 5-0 down at half time, he'd more than proved his point about going defensive, he reverted to his normal setup in the second half and we only lost one more goal. Despite Swanson getting sent off just after he was subbed on. Forrest got four that day I'm sure, a bad day all round.

A lot of that was down to Forrest owning a voodoo doll of Scott Tanser and swapping its feet before the match, tbf.

8 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Gordon linked with Stockport County in the press tonight.

Same report says he'll be offered a new deal with us too.

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

It was only overshadowed by offering Crawford a long contract after his loan deal…

12 hours ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Gordon linked with Stockport County in the press tonight.

I'm on the case and driving him as quickly as possible but I've just tried to fill the car up and only managed £30 fuel. PM me if you want to add any donations.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I'm on the case and driving him as quickly as possible but I've just tried to fill the car up and only managed £30 fuel. PM me if you want to add any donations.

No chance. Not falling for the old Deefiant shenanigans.