Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I guess we will get 1 announcement a day rather than the 1 post that caused the issues for the former PR consultant last year.

I think it was more than one post that caused the issues tbh.

Another one that just didn't get what St Johnstone are about and what was needed.

*I should add that it all stems from lack of leadership and direction, add that to the list.

Edited by tree house tam

13 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I guess we will get 1 announcement a day rather than the 1 post that caused the issues for the former PR consultant last year.

TBF I imagine unless May or Gordon are away the next post will be the full release list.

Posted (edited)

I presume the signing mentioned as being at the County game was indeed Mcpake.

I don't know much about him at all so can't possibly judge his ability. A younger player though who's dropped down a number of levels with a point to prove. A familiar signing model in the past. Of course time will tell whether he's up to it. 

The fact we've been linked with no one else incoming does give me the fear we're just in a holding pattern. Levein though will surely be saying that we can't just sit on our hands and wait a few weeks. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

We better get this takeover sorted soon otherwise we might miss out on Josh McPake.

Hearing that Cumbernauld Colts have tabled him a very tempting offer.

1 hour ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

I don't know much about him at all so can't possibly judge his ability. A younger player though who's dropped down a number of levels with a point to prove. A familiar signing model in the past. Of course time will tell whether he's up to it. 

right footed winger who likes to play on the left. can beat a man but generally wants to beat 3. 

signature move is cutting inside from the left to shoot. 

he's got ability and pace. clearly has some talent and he's a decent athlete but i just felt there was something lacking in terms of putting it to good use. i think he'd be better playing with better players but i can't help but compare him to Kai Fotheringham who we had on loan the season before. he looked twice the player McPake did and i haven't been surprised he's been a success in the Championship. 

i had heard about McPake training with you guys and thought he might get a deal if you'd been relegated. 

8 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Is there not some chat he’ll struggle for a work permit this time too? Can’t remember where I saw it (might’ve been the banto, so probably utter pish). 

Wonder if it was a relatively low appearance based trigger that they expected him to hit no bother? Either way, just announce it as 1 year with an option of a second.

I heard this also. 4 games short to get a permit apparently 

23 minutes ago, Sconesaint said:

I heard this also. 4 games short to get a permit apparently 

Screenshot_20240524_125337_Chrome.thumb.jpg.585a7fe93bdb497f695648d13b6782ba.jpg

Wonder if those games would bump him up a "band"?

Do think we'd be able to appeal due to the injury? But him being dropped beforehand might harm it.

1 hour ago, WattersIsGod said:

right footed winger who likes to play on the left. can beat a man but generally wants to beat 3. 

signature move is cutting inside from the left to shoot. 

he's got ability and pace. clearly has some talent and he's a decent athlete but i just felt there was something lacking in terms of putting it to good use. i think he'd be better playing with better players but i can't help but compare him to Kai Fotheringham who we had on loan the season before. he looked twice the player McPake did and i haven't been surprised he's been a success in the Championship. 

i had heard about McPake training with you guys and thought he might get a deal if you'd been relegated. 

Yeah there was an article in the local press re him training with us a month or so ago. Training with us to keep up the full time fitness. 

Levein and Co seem very keen on 3-5-2 kind of shape so there's a good chance he'd be used as a left wing back. 

We do lack pace and ability out there. We've basically had a proper left back playing wing back out there most of the season and they struggled. 

He might step up and do well... Good luck to him I guess. We've signed guys like him before. 

30 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Levein and Co seem very keen on 3-5-2 kind of shape so there's a good chance he'd be used as a left wing back. 

It’ll be interesting to see if that’s the plan moving forward. Hasn’t been often they’ve actually had wingers available to them so it’s hard to tell. The times we have changed shape we’ve looked so much better. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

5-2-3, here we go again.

I imagine you saw this doing any analysis but was the only reason that we could ever get a 5-2-3 working in the first place because McCann was clearly an excellent player alongside an intelligent player like bryson or Craig and now we have no ball winner and no intelligent midfielders either?