Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

League Cup draw is this Wednesday at 1pm.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-sports-cup-group-stage-draw-202425

It’s better since they removed the geographical grouping got the draw nonsense.

Purely in terms of stadia I’ve never seen us play at, I’d like two of the following away from home: Falkirk, Stranraer, Peterhead, Annan, Bonnyrigg, Edinburgh City, Spartans, Dumbarton, Queens Park.

Not too much to ask.

Would be nice if we bother to be prepared for the first game in mid July this year, rather than the complete shambles we’ve been the past two seasons!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

League Cup draw is this Wednesday at 1pm.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/premier-sports-cup-group-stage-draw-202425

It’s better since they removed the geographical grouping got the draw nonsense.

Purely in terms of stadia I’ve never seen us play at, I’d like two of the following away from home: Falkirk, Stranraer, Peterhead, Annan, Bonnyrigg, Edinburgh City, Spartans, Dumbarton, Queens Park.

Not too much to ask.

Would be nice if we bother to be prepared for the first game in mid July this year, rather than the complete shambles we’ve been the past two seasons!

As Queens Park will be in seed pot 2 and we will be in pot 1 we would play them at home if we drew them

Having visited the new Meadowbank this season you are not missing much if we get Edinburgh City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mention on WAP that Mitov has a release clause that is active this Summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mention on WAP that Mitov has a release clause that is active this Summer.

How much stock we putting in the £300k figure? I’m not on hotter enough to know who’s actually ITK these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, gingermunkie said:

How much stock we putting in the £300k figure? I’m not on hotter enough to know who’s actually ITK these days.

On one hand it seems low, on the other when you think of what seemed to be his situation when he joined (from Cambridge United, not certain to even be first choice), it sounds like something that couldve happened.

Sounds like whatever the fee is, multiple clubs have already triggered it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mitov was a sensational signing. If we've had to put in a low minimum release clause in his contract to get him then so be it. His saves and performances kept us in the division. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If Mitov has a clause, then it's one that saints probably put in reluctantly. Better to get him with a clause and have that one good season, than not to have signed him at all.

Question is will/can we reinvest any fee received or does it go to cover the expected losses this season. 

On the season tickets, well done to the club for the promo, but the big sell will be once we know what owner, manager, retained players and ambition we have next season. More of them same and I'm not sure they will shift that many. 

Edited by Theyellowbox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Question is will/can we reinvest any fee reviewed or does it go to cover the expected losses this season. 

I'm probably naively hoping the new chairman's first act will be effectively resetting and forgetting about previous losses, and setting his own budgets.

Cambridge seem to be all about slowly building the club up over the course of multiple years to catch up income wise, while knowing some losses will be needed on the way to be able to achieve what they want on the park.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No idea if the clause being quoted is true. Wouldn't be shocked if there is one though. 

Clause or no clause I doubt he'll be here beyond the summer. 

It would be daft of Saints to allow him to leave for nothing next summer too. If he wants to go and you can get 300k... Bye bye. 

300k providing they can get a goalkeeper on a free transfer if Mitov is sold mow gives the manager the opportunity to start building the squad asap and avoids the "need to wait for that takeover".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Hopefully sneak a sell on clause in there, if he does just as well at a bigger club!

 

Still waiting for the McCann ones.

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Seeing quite a few complaining about the price increase. Were fans genuinely expecting there not to be one? 

People complaining about it being a 12% increase. If you use that single figure in isolation it may seem bad but hasn't the prices been frozen, in the East Stand anyway for something like 5+ years? 🤔

Obviously you don't want the price to increase but the reality is Saints are losing over a million pound a year, year after year with costs increasing. The same fans can't then continually expect and call for "better signings", "the stadium repaired", "a better pitch" and all the other things fans have been calling for while also expecting to pay the same season ticket prices as they were a number of years ago. 

The cost of living issue is without question a complete shit show but there's not much Saints can do about that. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Seeing quite a few complaining about the price increase. Were fans genuinely expecting there not to be one? 

People complaining about it being a 12% increase. If you use that single figure in isolation it may seem bad but hasn't the prices been frozen, in the East Stand anyway for something like 5+ years? 🤔

Obviously you don't want the price to increase but the reality is Saints are losing over a million pound a year, year after year with costs increasing. The same fans can't then continually expect and call for "better signings", "the stadium repaired", "a better pitch" and all the other things fans have been calling for while also expecting to pay the same season ticket prices as they were a number of years ago. 

The cost of living issue is without question a complete shit show but there's not much Saints can do about that. 

It's also still cheaper than pretty much every other club in the league. Looking at early bird prices elsewhere, it's £105 less to sit in the East Stand at McDiarmid for the season than it is to sit in the Derry at Dens, minimum £75 cheaper than the George Fox at Tannadice, £30 cheaper than County, £20 cheaper than Motherwell, for example. It's always crap when you have to pay more for something, but it's still cheaper than it realistically could have been if they benchmarked it against other similar clubs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's actually not easy to find historic season ticket prices - but as an example our renewals in 2017/18 were £315 for an East Stand adult. So seven years later the price has only increased £40 -less than 15% - despite everything that has happened in the interim period.

We've been lucky that prices have been frozen for so long. And we must be just about the cheapest season ticket in the league now?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jamie_B said:

It's actually not easy to find historic season ticket prices - but as an example our renewals in 2017/18 were £315 for an East Stand adult. So seven years later the price has only increased £40 -less than 15% - despite everything that has happened in the interim period.

We've been lucky that prices have been frozen for so long. And we must be just about the cheapest season ticket in the league now?

Probably the most expensive when you break it down to price per home goal though! 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Theyellowbox said:

Probably the most expensive when you break it down to price per home goal though! 😉

Price is different from value 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...