Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Saints fan 2 months ago - "wipe the slate clean and fill the squad with young hungry players"

Saints fans when that happens - "what a shambles, we're awful"

Is that's what's happened? Rae and McPake are at least in their early 20s, Sanders is hardly a pup and Ikpeazu is 29.  Barry Douglas has been mentioned a lot and he's 34. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Is that's what's happened? Rae and McPake are at least in their early 20s, Sanders is hardly a pup and Ikpeazu is 29.  Barry Douglas has been mentioned a lot and he's 34. 

I'm just being an arse.

There's little to suggest Levein hasnt known who's leaving and who's not for a while, as we pretty much all have for a while with rumours.

I'm giving it time to see what happens over the next few weeks. If we start the league season with Sanders and McPake as first choice then I change my feelings.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm just being an arse.

If we start the league season with Sanders and McPake as first choice then I change my feelings.

We all know it'll change daily with/without signings.

Canny wait till we draw against Nairn then get beat by Huntly. Full scale meltdown.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

We all know it'll change daily with/without signings.

Canny wait till we draw against Nairn then get beat by Huntly. Full scale meltdown.

My dad's in Nairn on holiday so I'm trying to convince him to go and see what the performance is like.

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Not a positive turn of events. The sooner we announce Barry Douglas and club captain Peter Haring, the sooner we can all relax.

Douglas to sign for Dundee, and Sidibeh away to Middlesbrough, by the end of the week.

2 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

The past couple of seasons have been dire, and the quality of arrivals, so far, indicate that the new season will be the same. We are heading for The Championship, where our stay will be brief, and on to League 1.

Any more signings before the season starts will also be gash.

Pathetic.

Welcome. You seem very positive. 

29 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Yeah, Mathew Cudjoe seems more and more of an inevitability with each passing day. 

Feels another obvious target but if rumours are true around why he left United, we won't be paying him what he wants.

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Brilliant, who in their right mind is going to want to play for the beardy specky bore, in front of another bunch of bores in a concrete soulless sticklebrick stadium?

Fifty fucking years Biggie😁

Really felt we needed to keep Liam and build the defence around him, his form was poor at times but he was hung out to dry over the last few seasons with loanees with no experience beside him or Constantine who tried his best but legs were gone.

Hope he does well. Will always be an Absolute legend in my opinion.

Felt most of the criticism of Gordon was over the top, had periods where he wasn’t in great form but was mainly pretty solid. 

No doubt been earning more money than he was probably worth but we’ve done a hell of a lot worse things with our money over the last few years than pay Liam Gordon an inflated wage . We clearly aren’t a very appealing option to decent experienced players at the moment and not hard to see why. 

So much work still to be done. 

23 minutes ago, LarsGunnar Carlstrands Dog said:

Really felt we needed to keep Liam and build the defence around him, his form was poor at times but he was hung out to dry over the last few seasons with loanees with no experience beside him or Constantine who tried his best but legs were gone.

Hope he does well. Will always be an Absolute legend in my opinion.

image.gif

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Brilliant, who in their right mind is going to want to play for the beardy specky bore, in front of another bunch of bores in a concrete soulless sticklebrick stadium?

That invoice from Dundee will allow us to give the place a lick of paint. 

pay your bills, and thank you.

40 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Meh a Dundee fan commenting on other stadiums when they cannot even get games played at their ground.

The beardy specky bore - when did Docherty start wearing glasses?

Never mind New Campy will solve all your problems if and when built.