Jump to content

Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

A club employee of some note was mine, so confident they thought it was on.

That's the problem though, isn't it? These things leak out, everyone gets excited then we are left in a situation with this on top of losing Mitov, Gordon preferring a sideways move to a rival and two underwhelming signings on the same day last week.

It's not a criticism of anyone (and apologies if you took it that way) but until the scarf is above the head, nothing is ever done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Sounds like the being unable to get the signings over the line wasn't just a Macca problem either. 

Although if a player was picking the German top flight side or Saints... It's not a hard choice is it 🤷‍♂️

Way the German media is reporting it suggests there was never any doubt he was joining them, as the Director of Football there apparently loves him, but it was delayed while they dealt with their manager leaving to join Brighton and replacing him (apparently to be announced this week).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Sounds like the being unable to get the signings over the line wasn't just a Macca problem either. 

Although if a player was picking the German top flight side or Saints... It's not a hard choice is it 🤷‍♂️

Dortmund and Munich or Dundee and Motherwell? Tough choice! 🤣

Either we are holding off signings in the expectation of a larger budget or what we have signed is the pool we are fishing in. Either the takeover needs to happen in next few days or we need to move on,but the limbo is helping no one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not that it means much, but training photos from today have Josh Rae number 13 and Ross Sinclair 20, so no number 1 yet.

Olufunwa was 17 last year but seems to have moved to 42, a sign hes not in the plans this year?

Sanders has McGowans 5 shirt too, so would take that as complete confirmation McGowan is gone.

Edited by RandomGuy.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Dortmund and Munich or Dundee and Motherwell? Tough choice! 🤣

Either we are holding off signings in the expectation of a larger budget or what we have signed is the pool we are fishing in. Either the takeover needs to happen in next few days or we need to move on,but the limbo is helping no one. 

Even if they do get relegated... Still miles better. 

Not holding much hope for the takeover to go through imminently. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not that it means much, but training photos from today have Josh Rae number 13 and Ross Sinclair 20, so no number 1 yet.

Olufunwa was 17 last year but seems to have moved to 42, a sign hes not in the plans this year?

Sanders has McGowans 5 shirt too, so would take that as complete confirmation McGowan is gone.

I wonder if they’re just wearing whatever’s left until the new training gear arrives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyone pecking at a dead corpse before the season even starts 😂

One way or another this Summer is turning into a fairly decent clean sweep and setting us up for a good push for the Championship next season with McCabe signing his own squad and backroom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Is Robert Thomson implying that the ownership situation is holding back announcements? 

I think he's more saying that's what he'd do if he was in that position. 

Try and ride the good PR wave. 

While I appreciate they can't/won't be willing to give much detail but even a vague update on the sale would be nice. Just to calm folk down etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hinchcliffe officially away to Aberdeen.

Wonder if Saints will announce his replacement or whether we just have to guess once we see the bench on the first matchday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cynic in you wonder what's came first, Hinchcliffe agreeing to be Aberdeens new GK coach, or Mitovs release clause being triggered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...