Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, peebles_Dee said:

Matthew Henderson 

Hes left footed? Think our man is right footed.

1 minute ago, PSJ.84 said:

Charlie Seaman 

Charlie_Seaman.thumb.jpg.3948bf2cf7669e9173d011503bd05e31.jpgScreenshot_20240628-210403.thumb.png.e2b99f1fd64e3ef0894d8db50d055bc2.png.80e1483e5366176f5afeef994e023297.png

No tatttoo?

Trialist looked better suited as a right back in a 4 than his first half position. 

Edited by derektaylor84

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Joshua Martin formerly of Portsmouth?

Looks taller though.

onecms_e6941ed0-ba99-48ae-83e6-5d2bedac974c.JPG.jpg.e435a18eba0bca4144f5a484b46b30fd.jpg

Complexion looks different. Has tattoos as well if I’m looking at the right person 

If I supported any team that finished below third last season, I'd be very worried about the Levein machine. Slick, well-oiled and packed with goals.

What a job he's done this summer.

2 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The Highland League, for one.

^ shitting it.

This is us without Ikpeazu too.

Levein confirming that Clark is out with a "calf niggle" he doesn't want to take risks with. It was a calf injury that kept him out for chunks of last season and is apparently recurring.

MacPherson out with a knee injury, Levein says he had some pain in a tendon behind it. Unsure how that relates to the thigh/hamstring injuries his entire Saints career has been riddled with?

Start as you mean to go on, etc.

Edited by RandomGuy.

46 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I hope the players we bring in aren't injury prone. Couple that with Ritchie's conditioning and hopefully they all stop breaking. 

We desperately need our top players to stay fit.

We have 'top players?' 

58 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

I’ll be disappointed if Clark gets a new deal. 

Even in a friendly against Nairn, I thought Stevie May showed he'd bring far more to that role behind the main striker than Clark does, if it's how they want to play.

Other observations:

Rae is vocal, which is fortunate as none of the centre backs open their mouths.

I don't like central midfielders that always seem to be going to ground and Sprangler does it too much. Paul Paton was the worst for it and it's a sign a guy that isn't in control of a situation IMO.

Connor Smith has many of my least favourite traits in a footballer, mainly though that he only moves the ball on when he's finished with it and that only usually happens if he can't get a shot off. Needs to be far more (generously) aware or less (ungenerously) selfish. Was worried McPake would be like that but he wasn't too bad.

Carey can't be wasted playing central midfield. Matt Smith can't play as many games as last season (or certainly can't be as guaranteed a start) if we are to do better.

As mentioned above, take Stevie May away from centre backs and maybe there is more to extract from him this season.

None of the younger ones (Bright, Mylchreest etc...) look ready, which is positive in a sense as they looked better than the first teamers a year ago. All still very young though.

Be interesting to see how the fitness is today.