Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Immediate thought from those stats...

Slower more passing based and what do our current group of players struggle against? Teams to sit back and allow our central defenders play out... Cause they can't. 

Christ, with that midfield and no real pace on the wings as well. 

I'd be looking for a huge budget in January if I'm Valakari

4 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

Immediate thought from those stats...

Slower more passing based and what do our current group of players struggle against? Teams to sit back and allow our central defenders play out... Can't wait for us to lose goal after goal like the County one last week.

Its pretty fast paced passing, at Riga anyway. Wide players sit on the touchlines and its all about quick play and getting them 1v1 out wide. I think he'll use Sidibeh or Kimpioka on a flank and have Wright pushed high on the right too like MacLean did for a bit.

Defence will be the problem, again, but I guess we'll see.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I'd be looking for a huge budget in January if I'm Valakari

Hes probably got the CV to deserve it tbh. Someones made the point that Scandinavian/Latvian contracts, where he's got a lot of knowledge, expire in December too.

We could get a raft of folk from there in January that cost nothing.

The defence would still be a problem if we got a reincarnation of Brian Clough as manager. 

An experienced GK and two first choice, aggressive CBs have to come in as a priority.

9 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

The defence would still be a problem if we got a reincarnation of Brian Clough as manager. 

An experienced GK and two first choice, aggressive CBs have to come in as a priority.

Still short at left back and wing too. What a squad. 

7 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

They have Latvias number 1 at Riga with him, who has played in England before and who might be out of contract in January. 

28 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Rock ‘n’ Roll St. Johnstone to get relegated scoring 60 goals in the process. 

I've asked a Latvian football account on Twitter about him, they're currently playing and he's at it so that game might influence his opinion 😂

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've asked a Latvian football account on Twitter about him, they're currently playing and he's at it so that game might influence his opinion 😂

I’ve be all in on the mystery European the whole time, regardless of ability. That it transpires he has quite a decent record is a very welcome bonus. 

To be fair don’t blame Leven and Lynch. Their reputation would have taken too much of a hit if they couldn’t turn us around. Leven being a first time manager and Lynch would have been accused of being a check book manager. Brown would have been fine, being Scott Brown would have allowed him at least another opportunity.
Valakari has a great CV and imagine he is backing himself to do well at saints and move onto a bigger job in a top league. If not he will pick up another job due to his previous endeavours.
He might be 4th choice but looks the best choice! 

13 minutes ago, SJFCtheTeamForMe said:

The Larne fans treating him like the Messiah now. 

Was reading forums about him last night and most fans were pretty scathing tbh.

Claimed he was bang average in the 2nd tier until money came to Larne and suddenly they went flying up the leagues, and apparently almost got sacked a few years ago before splurging to turn it around.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I’ve be all in on the mystery European the whole time, regardless of ability. That it transpires he has quite a decent record is a very welcome bonus. 

The problem is, as has been pointed out, what if Simo Valakari (as is leaked/rumoured etc) now also says no. Not only do the club look stupid, and without any planning, but once again we all look stupid for talking about him and what he might achieve. I really hoped I’d come back from walking the dogs this morning to find an appointment being made but now we’re back circling the drain again. We’ve never been like this as a club, why is this being allowed to be so public? It’s so damn amateur. 
And why is nobody at the club looking at this all from an outside perspective and seeing the million problems we have on and off the pitch? Once again we’re blindly walking off a relegation cliff while casually emptying our pockets and wallets trying to buy an all seeing eye dog