Edinburgh City

It was indeed Marvin Andrews, I was at the game.  The big guy looked handy still! It was a good game although Kelty were playing a bit of a second string, not sure on Edinburgh as I have not seen them often enough but Mbu was class at the back and Mushin was good.

9 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

It was indeed Marvin Andrews, I was at the game.  The big guy looked handy still! It was a good game although Kelty were playing a bit of a second string, not sure on Edinburgh as I have not seen them often enough but Mbu was class at the back and Mushin was good.

Cheers for that. Mystery solved then?

Marvin Andrews was posed this question on Twitter a few hours ago. " Hey Marvin. Was that you playing for Kelty Hearts on Tuesday night against Edinburgh City? "

Marvin liked the Tweet and gave it a big thumbs up  :thumsup2

He's a man of few words.

Edited by Mr Blobby
past tense added

Martin McNelis, an enthusiastic ground hopper and author of the "Got to Do the 42" has done an excellent thorough review of Edinburgh City FC and the facilities at Meadowbank. Well worth the read. I've seen a few ground hoppers myself at Meadowbank this season already and some even write up a decent blog with pictures a few days after the event.

http://www.scout.com/stadium-journey/stadium/2947-meadowbank-stadium-edinburgh-city-fc

Edited by Mr Blobby
typo error

On 28 August 2016 at 11:00, Mr Blobby said:

Martin McNelis, an enthusiastic ground hopper and author of the "Got to Do the 42" has done an excellent thorough review of Edinburgh City FC and the facilities at Meadowbank. Well worth the read. I've seen a few ground hoppers myself at Meadowbank this season already and some even write up a decent blog with pictures a few days after the event.

http://www.scout.com/stadium-journey/stadium/2947-meadowbank-stadium-edinburgh-city-fc

Fairly decent account although you have to ask how he considers Meadowbank 'a very busy part of Edinburgh', he's obviously never dodged the Yahs handing out flyers in the Royal Mile :lol:

And at 3.6 miles, I wouldn't say it was 'very close' to Tynie either...

Hearts at Motherwell Fri 30th September and Hibs v Dundee United just moved to Sunday October 2nd leaving City v Arbroath the Saturday game in the capital. 

I would imagine one or two season tickets from Hibs and Hearts at that game.

Could be a decent crowd. 

25 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Hearts at Motherwell Fri 30th September and Hibs v Dundee United just moved to Sunday October 2nd leaving City v Arbroath the Saturday game in the capital. 

I would imagine one or two season tickets from Hibs and Hearts at that game.

Could be a decent crowd. 

Should be a cracker. Fringe festival is finished too so crowd could be upwards of 600 people.  Better order more pies in...

Edinburgh City ball boys Aaron and Chris edited a nifty piece of camerawork at the recent Edinburgh City v Berwick Rangers match in their Footbal Mania Vlog.

Behind the goal close-up of Ousman See's scissor kick featured.

Look out for a surprise guest appearance by Mr Blobby.

Edited by Mr Blobby
typo

Question for the thread on Infowire: what was the first home floodlit game for Edinburgh City after they moved to Meadowbank Stadium?

Also for Meadowbank Thistle?

Was it SFL opening game against Albion Rovers, or was there a home friendly before that?

Edited by HibeeJibee

Edinburgh City ball boys Aaron and Chris edited a nifty piece of camerawork at the recent Edinburgh City v Berwick Rangers match in their Footbal Mania Vlog.

Behind the goal close-up of Ousman See's scissor kick featured.

Look out for a surprise guest appearance by Mr Blobby.

Thats actually quite a decent watch to be fair, some cracking footage.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Question for the thread on Infowire: what was the first home floodlit game for Edinburgh City after they moved to Meadowbank Stadium?

Also for Meadowbank Thistle?

Was it SFL opening game against Albion Rovers, or was there a home friendly before that?

Don't know about the first Edinburgh City game under floodlights at Meadowbank but you are right about Meadowbank Thistle. First home game at Meadowbank was a league cup tie on a Friday night 9 August 1974 v Albion Rovers played under floodlights. I had the programme but can only find this image of the cover at the moment. There was a single teamsheet insert inside the cover giving the names of the players. Ferranti printed the programme themselves, I believe.

Attendance 2818. Result 0-1. Pre-match entertainment provided by a Go Go Dancer called Wanda who was mentioned in later programmes as being supplied by one of the players I think. The programme for the first home league game v Alloa, which I had but have also lost at the moment, may have mentioned a hurriedly arranged pre-season friendly against Hibs before that Albion Rovers match but I can't be sure. ATM

The big black line at the top of the programme masked the Ferranti Thistle Football Club name that was still left on there and had to be blanked out.

img025.jpg

Edited by Mr Blobby
black line explained