Edinburgh City

59 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

How the f**k can you blame the council? It’s up to each and every club to have a ground to play on.

Because it's the councils facility that they built,  for athletics.

The only blame I'd give the old board here is they were too desperate to get "home" to Meadowbank.

Even although that new sports centre there is Not home as we remembered it!

It doesn't look like there's any way it can happen, however if the three rows of seats in the stand could be built on and doubled up to six rows that would be a big improvement.

Other than that, we're waiting years on this stand on the opposite side being built and I hope it's higher than three rows.

On 02/06/2023 at 15:33, AllyMonc said:

I didn't like Ainslie Park (location mainly) but looks a bit better now they've got the extra stand. 

The stand is pretty much pointless or was in the Albion Rovers Play Off game. The first half of the stand was taken up by young school kids (no problem there) the second half of the stand was restricted view due to the dugouts 😂

14 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

image.thumb.png.9835f77211339828a2b349c6945d1d90.png

Correct response from the new owners and a strong statement. I should say I think it would have been the same under the old board as we've always voted in favour of the pyramid.

Looks like the proposal is absolutely gubbed and rightly so.

On 02/06/2023 at 16:37, Tenkay said:

Because it's the councils facility that they built,  for athletics.

The only blame I'd give the old board here is they were too desperate to get "home" to Meadowbank.

Even although that new sports centre there is Not home as we remembered it!

I suppose the council were giving the hint that they didn’t want you there when they built the stand with 499 seats.

Always thought it strange that your previous board were obsessed with getting back to Meadowbank knowing it wasn’t fit for the SPFL.

Would probably have been better trying to get Meggetland before Tynecastle nipped in or stayed at Ainslie Park.

2 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I suppose the council were giving the hint that they didn’t want you there when they built the stand with 499 seats.

Always thought it strange that your previous board were obsessed with getting back to Meadowbank knowing it wasn’t fit for the SPFL.

Would probably have been better trying to get Meggetland before Tynecastle nipped in or stayed at Ainslie Park.

Still amazes me to this day how a League 2 club (as we were at the time) were outfoxed by Tynecastle to get Meggetland. 

45 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Still amazes me to this day how a League 2 club (as we were at the time) were outfoxed by Tynecastle to get Meggetland. 

Only problem I can think of would have maybe not being able to get the first call on the pitch which you need in the SPFL, the egg chasers have that I think.

1 hour ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Thought they played Friday nights?

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

That’s Edinburgh pro rugby

Even if they did play Friday nights, that's not the point. It's a condition of SPFL membership of first call on facilities, unless being shared with another SPFL member. If the SPFL broadcast partners want to show a game on a Friday night, then not being able to do so as there's a rugby game on isn't going to wash.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Even if they did play Friday nights, that's not the point. It's a condition of SPFL membership of first call on facilities, unless being shared with another SPFL member. If the SPFL broadcast partners want to show a game on a Friday night, then not being able to do so as there's a rugby game on isn't going to wash.

I had already mentioned that you have to have 1st call on a stadium.

The FCE fan must have thought the rugby was on a Friday at Meggetland I was merely pointing out it wasn't as the pro side play at the Dam Stadium, Boroughmuir who play at Meggetland on Saturday's do have first call.

All academic now as the boat has long sailed so you will just have to enjoy your trips to Meadowbank.

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Best non league ground in the country I would say.

I wouldn't argue with that. First time I have been there yesterday for the Dunipace/Bo'ness game and it was first class.

Three different viewing areas that are all great in their own way and the grass surface was better than anything I have seen anywhere throughout the regular season.

36 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I had already mentioned that you have to have 1st call on a stadium.

The FCE fan must have thought the rugby was on a Friday at Meggetland I was merely pointing out it wasn't as the pro side play at the Dam Stadium, Boroughmuir who play at Meggetland on Saturday's do have first call.

All academic now as the boat has long sailed so you will just have to enjoy your trips to Meadowbank.

Yes, I'm conscious, I read it.

I pointed out (to him, not you) that even if it had been the case games were Friday at Meggetland, not Saturday, that wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. Although I guess it's possible some sort of Board exception might have been given.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes, I'm conscious, I read it.

I pointed out (to him, not you) that even if it had been the case games were Friday at Meggetland, not Saturday, that wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. Although I guess it's possible some sort of Board exception might have been given.

I thought you were referring to me.

40 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I wouldn't argue with that. First time I have been there yesterday for the Dunipace/Bo'ness game and it was first class.

Three different viewing areas that are all great in their own way and the grass surface was better than anything I have seen anywhere throughout the regular season.

I was at the game yesterday sat in the stand been there a few times.