Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Just reading through the excellent online proggy for the Hibs game. A couple of things stand out....

Admission prices for SPFL 1 games for the 23/24 season have been set at £11 Adults and £6 and under 18's. From memory the Ainslie Park prices for 21/22 were £14 adults and initially increased to £18 for 22/23, before being reduced to £12 halfway through last season. 

Later on in the proggy (page 37), we learn that the club shop is going to close and the catering van will be removed 'among with other cost cutting measures'. It'll be difficult to freeze my bits off at Meadowbank in December without even a cup of tea to warm me up! 

Now I ain't no accountant but I thought that the blindingly obvious thing to do would be to set Adult prices at £12 - £14 minimum rather than reduce them further than last seasons £12. Average attendance last season was 569 fans and that included 2 big gates against Dunfermline which won't be repeated. 

Obviously I don't have any knowledge of the inner financial workings of the club but things just don't stack up for me. 

That seems unsustainably cheap, more or less Lowland League prices. Are you sure the club hasn’t got a replacement sugar daddy 🤔

Surely there is going to be different catering, maybe the club are taking it in house? Is it not part of the licensing that clubs have to provide somewhere to get food or am I thinking of something else?

1 hour ago, RubyTuesday said:

Later on in the proggy (page 37), we learn that the club shop is going to close and the catering van will be removed 'among with other cost cutting measures'. It'll be difficult to freeze my bits off at Meadowbank in December without even a cup of tea to warm me up! 

I’ve had it confirmed by the club that this was an error on the programme. The shop will be closing but the catering van is not being removed.

1 hour ago, Cowdenleith said:

That seems unsustainably cheap, more or less Lowland League prices. Are you sure the club hasn’t got a replacement sugar daddy 🤔

Definitely no sugar daddy, just making the club more accessible in an attempt to increase home attendances.

Yeah just to confirm the removal of the catering van was an error in the programme - the club shop is being closed because it was a massive waste of money by all accounts. Not sure if the merchandise will be 100% online or not but looking forward to seeing the new kit.

Then on the pricing, it's an attempt by the club to bring more fans in and appeal to those priced out elsewhere, it won't take a massive uptick in attendance to match the revenue from last year even with the lower pricing. Should also be pointed out that there aren't anywhere near as many freebies as last season. All things considered I think it's worth the risk and I certainly am 100% behind it.

And no sugar daddy! But there are attempts to tap other revenue sources that the previous ownership seemed to ignore (probably to comfortable with Tom's cash coming in to try anything else) including the new membership scheme and increased sponsorship.

The aim is to be a sustainable club and if we don't manage that then we're goosed so it's all hands to the pump!

14 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Just reading through the excellent online proggy for the Hibs game. A couple of things stand out....

Admission prices for SPFL 1 games for the 23/24 season have been set at £11 Adults and £6 and under 18's. From memory the Ainslie Park prices for 21/22 were £14 adults and initially increased to £18 for 22/23, before being reduced to £12 halfway through last season. 

Now I ain't no accountant but I thought that the blindingly obvious thing to do would be to set Adult prices at £12 - £14 minimum rather than reduce them further than last seasons £12. Average attendance last season was 569 fans and that included 2 big gates against Dunfermline which won't be repeated. 

Obviously I don't have any knowledge of the inner financial workings of the club but things just don't stack up for me. 

Now that it’s confirmed as staying open, I hope the catering van refuses to serve you for calling a programme a “proggy”😬

Looks like we're bringing back the podcast this season and all being well, recording tonight.

Will try and keep references to Love Island to an absolute minimum.

The board have made it clear that they'll be offering players, officials etc for interviews so hopefully that'll work well for future episodes 

On 11/07/2023 at 16:48, AllyMonc said:

Looks like we're bringing back the podcast this season and all being well, recording tonight.

Will try and keep references to Love Island to an absolute minimum.

The board have made it clear that they'll be offering players, officials etc for interviews so hopefully that'll work well for future episodes 

Here you go!

https://spotify.link/bEWPQ9XynBb

Hopefully a reasonable listen and more to come etc.

16 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Here you go!

https://spotify.link/bEWPQ9XynBb

Hopefully a reasonable listen and more to come etc.

Well done lads, good to have you back. I think from previous ones a few years ago you said that you were getting listeners all around the globe so hopefully the podcast will turn into a useful thing for the club and the fans again. Audio quality has improved and nae swearing either! 

2 hours ago, RubyTuesday said:

Well done lads, good to have you back. I think from previous ones a few years ago you said that you were getting listeners all around the globe so hopefully the podcast will turn into a useful thing for the club and the fans again. Audio quality has improved and nae swearing either! 

Cheers RT! Yes hopefully it can be a reasonable enough tool for fans/clubs. Pretty key everyone involved, officially or otherwise, gets better at telling the story of City!

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GordonD said:

Why are all the media still referring to 'FC Edinburgh'? Hasn't the name change reversion gone through?

It couldn't be, surely not, perish the thought, that by any chance the media are by and large ignorant of anything outwith the Cheeks?

11 hours ago, GordonD said:

Why are all the media still referring to 'FC Edinburgh'? Hasn't the name change reversion gone through?

I think it's because the fixtures for the league cup were made before the name was changed again.The league fixtures were put out a few weeks later,after the name change.

14 hours ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

We were absolute crap yesterday. 

Things gotta improve defensively and goalkeeper wise soon or I'm afraid we look like cannon fodder. 

Props to Stranraer for a great stream and an extremely likeable duo on comms. Best stream I've purchased when it comes to watching us. 

We still have the same defensive injury issues from the end of last season, goalkeeper is a concern though.