Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, AllyMonc said:

Imagine there will be some observations once people Google the new manager. Unsure how the club plan to deal/not deal with it!

Can’t imagine there will be many players queuing up to spot him if he ever forgets his wallet. 

1 hour ago, GNU_Linux said:

I can't see where else City would play that'd be up to SPFL standard unless they went back to Ainslie Park which would mean a three way groundshare as Hutchie Vale are still playing there. In hindsight the club missed a trick not taking up residence at Meggetland which is now a fully licensed SFA ground. I

There are 3 users at Ainslie Park... Spartans, Hutchison Vale and Hearts B on Friday nights.

There are really 3 users at Meggetland... Boroughmuir Bears, Tynecastle and Boroughmuir's first XV.

Michael McIndoe is a very left field appointment. His story is a fascinating one and I'll be very interested to see how he gets on.

I read up a fair bit on him when he signed for Clydebank a few years ago and I'm still not really sure what to make of him. He obviously had a very tough start to life, which he did well to overcome. But after that? I don't really know what to think. 

This article is a good summary, but I'd imagine a few City fans might be on eBay buying his book as we speak.

Be interesting to see if he flat out refuses to do any media commitments with you guys too. I can't see that going down particularly well if he does.

22 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Michael McIndoe is a very left field appointment. His story is a fascinating one and I'll be very interested to see how he gets on.

I read up a fair bit on him when he signed for Clydebank a few years ago and I'm still not really sure what to make of him. He obviously had a very tough start to life, which he did well to overcome. But after that? I don't really know what to think. 

This article is a good summary, but I'd imagine a few City fans might be on eBay buying his book as we speak.

Be interesting to see if he flat out refuses to do any media commitments with you guys too. I can't see that going down particularly well if he does.

Yeah his background is harrowing and certainly gives context to what has happened since.

I agree with you that blanking the media is a bad move but suspect it's one the club will take. Double edged sword really, if he's rubbish he might fly under the radar but if he does well then that will draw attention to what is clearly a notorious name in football circles. The club need to be ready to deal with that.

Even on the link you shared I would imagine there will be an email from Daniel Taylor at the Athletic landing in the club inbox shortly! Clearly a story he (the journalist) sees as unfinished.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

There are 3 users at Ainslie Park... Spartans, Hutchison Vale and Hearts B on Friday nights.

There are really 3 users at Meggetland... Boroughmuir Bears, Tynecastle and Boroughmuir's first XV.

Yep, we couldn't go back to Ainslie Park and they wouldn't have us there again anyway. 

Meggetland I am amazed we got outfoxed for. Surely we can do a straight swap with Tynecastle because that makes the most sense. It's not like Tynecastle get any more than 50 at home games. 

I know for a fact that we were offered a share at Ochilview once upon a very recent time......

That would have been a disaster. 

We are in dire straits ground wise. When the crowd is under 300, Meadowbank isn't actually that bad especially if you are in the 2nd and 3rd row. Any decent sized crowd though and it's not fit for purpose. .......and we need big crowds to sustain ourselves

Like nearly everyone else I had to Google who he was. 7 months in charge of a Lowland League side being the sum total of his football managerial experience (Lets ignore the spell managing a private members club in London) . Well, if you're going to make a left field appointment then might as well go in at the deep end....

Only two days late noticing this managerial appointment for me. I'm losing touch.

He's going to have to have someone else be the mouthpiece for the team if he's not going to do interviews. 
SPFL media requirements:

image.png.28fd3fea4a4b7e5e21ef2bc484656f9c.png

You can probably avoid scrutiny at Gretna but these are the big boy leagues now. There's certainly no place to hide.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Ooooft.

Well that's one way to get people talking about something other than poor results and a crappy ground.

He might just have popped his head up far enough to be attracting some more media attention.

That's a massively left field appointment.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

One of the posts above has a link that explains the history.

The new guy appears to be quite a character. 

A night out in Edinburgh with McIndoe and Tam Tracy would be a sight to behold.

The Athletic article is behind a paywall for me.

I can see stuff on The Mirror’s website about the investment scheme that went down with many millions of debt.

This just seems a weird appointment all round.

Edited by Cowdenleith

So. After what always seems a Loooong International break 🥱, were finally back this weekend.

Our first chance to see what team the new manager will pick.

A very tough start away at top team Hamilton, so a free hit as everyone will assume we'll get beat.

Main thing he needs to work on is the defence, as we're far too easy to score against, and have been for a while!

Goes without saying, if we can find a way to start keeping some clean sheets then we'll give ourselves more chance to start winning a few games.

• 2 weeks later...