Edinburgh City

3 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I never used to rate him, BUT, he's played very well this season.  So decent signing for Stirling!

However, as another one is confirmed away,  I just like to confirm what a thorougly depressing time this is to be an Edinburgh city supporter! 😢 😠

It's shit, no doubt,  but if you stand together as true fans(who the now owners appear also to be) and find a way through then you will be able to look back and be proud of yourselves. continued best wishes.

Has there been any fan meeting where details of how far in the shit you are have been stated?  Quicker that happens the better.

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Callum Crane has signed for us at Stirling. Any good?

Hope Edinburgh survive this as a club and get back on their feet. 

Good player  . played with Alloa a while  back he might have been an option for us (I saw him talking to Andy Graham at meadowbank )

but we have a full compliment of players i am led to believe .

Edited by Vegetableman

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

It's shit, no doubt,  but if you stand together as true fans(who the now owners appear also to be) and find a way through then you will be able to look back and be proud of yourselves. continued best wishes.

Has there been any fan meeting where details of how far in the shit you are have been stated?  Quicker that happens the better.

Well said Pars for Life!! 

Best of luck to Edinburgh City, I hope you get out of the situation you currently find yourselves in. 

Statement from the club being issued today I believe.

Won't be anything in the way of 'good' news but hopefully gives everyone involved some clarity and allows us to focus on what needs to be done to get to the end of the season without being liquidated.

Getting to the end of the season the only aim now really

Absolutely honking what's happening at EC , hope you guys get to the other side , players jumping ship left right n centre so going to be even more difficult to survive this league this season , regroup stay strong and get ready for a title push next season in league 2 is probably most hopeful scenario at this time 

17 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

players jumping ship left right n centre so difficult to survive this this season

Aye, I've got some thoughts about that, but without knowing the facts best wait on this statement coming out before saying anything! 🤫

5 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Aye, I've got some thoughts about that, but without knowing the facts best wait on this statement coming out before saying anything! 🤫

I really don't think we can criticise the players at all. If they're not being paid and there's no guarantee they'll be made good at any point soon then they are well within their rights to walk away.

Some of these guys will be relying on their wage to meet mortgage obligations etc.

I have heard the odd "these players got the team to the bottom of the League anyway" sentiment but the win over Alloa maybe showed McIndoe could get a result out of them. But it's not to be. 

At least we won't be playing old pals Whitehill Welfare in the league for a couple of seasons at least. There's always a ray of sunshine.. 

On 19/12/2023 at 11:08, Bay Citizen said:

That’s the social club of the original football club from the 1920’s and 30’s. They gave the current club permission to become Edinburgh City but there’s no further connection than that.

What happened to the Baxter's Place Edinburgh City club money when it was sold? 

21 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

At least we won't be playing old pals Whitehill Welfare in the league for a couple of seasons at least. There's always a ray of sunshine.. 

Ha back to "we" supporting City again are we ? :lol:

Sad to see the club in such a state after the small band of committee and fans got you up from the lower leagues. 

I hope there are better days ahead.

2 hours ago, AllyMonc said:

Statement from the club being issued today I believe.

Won't be anything in the way of 'good' news but hopefully gives everyone involved some clarity and allows us to focus on what needs to be done to get to the end of the season without being liquidated.

Getting to the end of the season the only aim now really

That’s good news, I was away to ask if the club had actually said anything. Seems weird that other clubs are announcing guys signing for them before City have even said anything.

From the outside looking in, it very much appears that City continuing to exist will be a good outcome, and continuing to exist within the SPFL for the foreseeable will be a minor miracle. 

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

What happened to the Baxter's Place Edinburgh City club money when it was sold? 

That's nothing to do with the football club. The Edinburgh City Social Club and the football club are 2 completely different entities. The whole FC Edinburgh debacle cast a light on that.

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

What has that got to do with the current football club?

Clue - nothing.

Is it a totally different Edinburgh City to the one that got promoted out the LL like?

15 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

That's nothing to do with the football club. The Edinburgh City Social Club and the football club are 2 completely different entities. The whole FC Edinburgh debacle cast a light on that.

Shame was a decent club and done the hospitality after matches so would've thought was associated wi the club. 

On a separate note their stovies were braw :chef

Saw a few players from the ladies side leaving on Twitter the other night, and now I see that City have pulled out of the U20s league.

That's really concerning stuff when I doubt those sides cost too much to run, albeit I know a lot of the 20s will now be first team players.

I hope the situation gets sorted and City have a sustainable and secure future. At whatever level that's possible. It's horrible to look in from the outside at a club crumbling like this, so I can't imagine what it's like to be a fan at a time like this.

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Is it a totally different Edinburgh City to the one that got promoted out the LL like?

The social club is all that’s left of the original Edinburgh City FC, which stopped playing football in the 1950s.

The current football club was originally Postal United, but changed their name to Edinburgh City (in the 1990s?). Apart from the name, there’s no connection to either the social club or the original football club.

Statement out now and I think the tone is appropriate all things considered.

I feel for all the players involved, they are totally innocent parties in this and have paid a heavy price, good luck to all of them in finding new clubs.

The owner ran the price increase by me last week and while it's very disappointing to have to increase walk up prices I do think it was the only option (other than folding). The 3 match package (at a discounted rate) was a supporters club suggestion so good that it's been implemented.

If there are any questions here I can take them to the board and try to update.