Edinburgh City

1 hour ago, Bay Citizen said:

They could come in but the centre didn’t want the drums and the megaphone on a week night.

Ironic really as they were closer to the flats with the drums and megaphone going most the evening. 😀

Well done to you guys tonight, great performance.

Brilliant result for City to finally win a game!

Hopefully, next season we can be more competitive and at least in top half of League Two? 🙏 

Looking forward to Saturday's game now!👍 

With our final home match this Saturday against the Bino's, just a reminder that the Player of the Year / Hall of Fame event is this Sunday night.  

Let's bin this season in style.  :) 

as we approach the last home game of the season what does everyone think a good 1st season back in league 2 will look like?

for me - a mid league finish will be fine with the club back on a good financial footing, having the womens and under 20's squads back - after that for 2025/2026 we aim for playoffs/title 

also - what would be a good price for the 2024/25 season ticket ? I think 200-250 would be pretty reasonable 

21 hours ago, jacobsladder said:

as we approach the last home game of the season what does everyone think a good 1st season back in league 2 will look like?

Giving the Spartans a damned good thrashing 4 times...

Hall of Fame night eh? Some of this lot should be in a City Hall of Fame.. 

20230316221400_01.thumb.jpg.864813a3fda58e9463d3891fd2a7a56f.jpg

On 23/04/2024 at 15:37, jacobsladder said:

for me - a mid league finish will be fine with the club back on a good financial footing,  we aim for playoffs/title 

I've no idea how the finances are, so no idea if we can sign any better players for next season! 🤔 

I hope so, as I want to go to watch meaningful games that we've a chance to win! 🙏 

I've missed that this year! 😔 

1 hour ago, Tenkay said:

I've no idea how the finances are, so no idea if we can sign any better players for next season! 🤔 

I hope so, as I want to go to watch meaningful games that we've a chance to win! 🙏 

I've missed that this year! 😔 

Had heard a player had been signed from Broxburn, perhaps some of the loan players might be available if not still under contract (Think Malek & Finlay are).

Might be a bit of a free for all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to a small and dedicated bunch of fans, the players stepping up from the Under 20s, a management team that never gave up and turning out each week despite defeat and the lassies selling lovely home baking (we nicked that idea from Edinburgh Uni!) we made it to the end of the season which was possibly unlikely looking at one point. Phew. 

I've heard folk saying we'll finish bottom of the League next season and I just smile and shake my head. Of course come 3.05 pm in the first competitive game and we're 1-0 down it'll be back to shouting "fuxakecity!!" but, hey, at least we're not Whitehill Welfare...

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Thanks to a small and dedicated bunch of fans, the players stepping up from the Under 20s, a management team that never gave up and turning out each week despite defeat and the lassies selling lovely home baking (we nicked that idea from Edinburgh Uni!) we made it to the end of the season which was possibly unlikely looking at one point. Phew.

Meant to say last week that was a nice touch. Didn't partake as had already eaten but probably better than the food van offering fancy foreign food - hot dogs, burgers and latte's ffs.

3 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Meant to say last week that was a nice touch. Didn't partake as had already eaten but probably better than the food van offering fancy foreign food - hot dogs, burgers and latte's ffs.

Aye, I wish we could go back to selling our own food (we used to sell some lovely pies at the old Meadowbank) but we're stuck with what we've got for the time being until my lottery numbers come up... 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Aye, I wish we could go back to selling our own food (we used to sell some lovely pies at the old Meadowbank) but we're stuck with what we've got for the time being until my lottery numbers come up... 

Just waiting for those three lucky balls, eh?

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've heard folk saying we'll finish bottom of the League next season and I just smile and shake my head. Of course come 3.05 pm in the first competitive game and we're 1-0 down it'll be back to shouting "fuxakecity!!" but, hey, at least we're not Whitehill Welfare...

Are you likely to keep the majority of your current squad? If so I doubt you'll be at the foot of the table. 

On 18/12/2023 at 22:15, Bay Citizen said:

Consistently good CB, has been with us for a few seasons.  Will do a good job for you, gutted to see him go.

51 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Thank u for Lee Hamilton lads 😘 he has been different class since the game he arrived

Called it. 😎  Glad he’s still doing well.

Thank f**k that's that finished then!

The season from hell.

Worst 6 months of my football supporting life!

So a quick holiday and then we can finally have a fresh start in July/August.

We can get back to looking forward to the football again.

What's our prospects for next season then lads?

Play-offs possibly?